GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one seen or purchased a 2004 titanium wing? Is the color the same as last years silver?Dealer is getting one in end of month. I'm gonna buy but not sure on what color to get.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ken,
I saw one the other day and it's a little darker than the silver. Seems to me it has somewhat of a brown tint to it.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I saw that color at my local dealer awhile back and it is really pretty. They had already installed some chrome on it and the stuff really stood out. If I were to buy another tomorrow I think that would be the color. Wife even liked it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2004 Titantium Color

Bubba is right on. I have one. Love the color!!! A little on the brown side.
GW

·
Registered
280 Posts
To really appreciate the difference between the silver and titanium the titanium needs to be viewed in direct sunlight. Not only is the titanium a little more brown, it is also contains the metal flake that really stands out in sunlight.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have an '04 Titanium. The color is basically silver, but as others have said, in certain light, it appears to have a little brown in it. In my garage, under incandescent light, I sometimes think it may have a slight green tint. I have pics posted at http://groups.msn.com/gl1800/kens04titaniumabs.msnw so you can take a look for yourself. I must be a pretty boring guy; every vehicle I own, with the exception of the HD, are silver/grey/platinum, whatever.

Good luck...you're gonna love it!

Ken

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all who replyed to my titanium color question an Ken in Syracuse thanks for the pictures it looks great.Think i'll go with the titanium. Ken

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think it is more on the BROWN side. I have a Pewter 2000 GMC Yukon that is almost a perfect match. I also have a 1999 VW that is silver, NOT CLOSE at all. I bought some titanum trunk mouldings for my BLACK Wing thinking it was on the silver side. WRONG!!!!!!! :shock: BROWN

G

·
0 Posts
I've said this before, and I'm gonna say it again. Titanium is like "Illusion Taupe". See the pearls #466 or 467 in this link:

http://www.talismanbeads.com/cgi-bin/st ... arls_Taupe

It is like an illusion color. It is mostly a shade of brown. On grass, it picks up green hues. At night, or on a grey surface, it can appear silver, and often looks silver in photos. In person, it seldom really does. It looks more like taupe. :D

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased the black cherry at christmas time. There were really only 2 choices that i considered Titanium And what i bought. You really need to see it in the light to see its true colors. Its awesome

·
Registered
85 Posts
Titanium Color

:lol:

Have a 04 Titanium waiting to be picked up in two weeks. Other colors are great, but really liked the Titanium once I saw it.

Dog

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
By the looks of the pics the titanium is just a tad darker than the Silver.

·
Chard Member
13,055 Posts
The ones I have have seen in the showrooms didn't look taupe or silver. The looked gray to me! Who Knows! LOL...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts