12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!
2004 FJR 1300 ABS
Clear Title
58323 Miles
$3700
Oklahoma City

Clean and sporty FJR. Great for long distance touring, or riding around town. This bike needs nothing and is ready to ride!

Features:
Electronically Adjustable Windshield with new "Rifle'" Windscreen
Throttle Lock
Russell Day Long Seat (also have factory seat in perfect condition).
Yamaha Paint Matched OEM Trunk
Steering Stem Phone Mount
Aftermarket Cruise Control
Tires are Angel GT's with over 80% tread left.
New Starter, Spark Plugs and recent Valve Adjustment
Heli Handlebar Risers
Quick Rear Preload Adjustment

Spring riding weather is here. Start riding today!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/259020378316189/

·
Registered
790 Posts
@Jasper, could you help out a guy with roots in Okmulgee?

Can you please tell me about that automotive cruise control? I'd like to add to my 2005 FJR. Please.

·
IronMan
17,625 Posts
GOLDWING FORUM ! :surprise:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Jasper, could you help out a guy with roots in Okmulgee?

Can you please tell me about that automotive cruise control? I'd like to add to my 2005 FJR. Please.
Hello,

Sure. This is a job not for the timid but was really not that bad.
I used the Rostra 250-3579 and bought it from the place below.
It comes with instruction and you just need to follow them.
I added the main unit where the tools go under the seat, and it fits like a glove with only a slight amount of plastic trimming.
All the wiring I did using solder and shrink wrap. There are only three connections into the harness.
Make sure to use relay's for power transfer and you will need to buy a fusable link.
There are a lot of wires but just take them one at a time.
I believe there is also a good post on this forum that I used that has detailed info.
The picture below shows were I mounted it. The wires all tidy up nicely into a bundle.
Note that the switch that comes with the unit is not weather tight to you might
want to shield it or encase it in silicone.
Totally doable.
Let me know if you need anything.
Jasper

https://www.murphskits.com

For FJR1300

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Rostra Electronic Cruise Control (Rostra-100) = $310.00
Rostra Options Add Optional Control Pad PN 250-3592 and bracket
1 x Tach Signal Adapter (Schn001) = $15.00
Sub-Total: $325.00
Flat Rate (Best Way): $0.00
Total: $325.00

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hello,

Sure. This is a job not for the timid but was really not that bad.
I used the Rostra 250-3579 and bought it from the place below.
It comes with instruction and you just need to follow them.
I added the main unit where the tools go under the seat, and it fits like a glove with only a slight amount of plastic trimming.
All the wiring I did using solder and shrink wrap. There are only three connections into the harness.
Make sure to use relay's for power transfer and you will need to buy a fusable link.
There are a lot of wires but just take them one at a time.
I believe there is also a good post on this forum that I used that has detailed info.
The picture below shows were I mounted it. The wires all tidy up nicely into a bundle.
Note that the switch that comes with the unit is not weather tight to you might
want to shield it or encase it in silicone.
Totally doable.
Let me know if you need anything.
Jasper

https://www.murphskits.com

For FJR1300

Products
1 x Rostra Electronic Cruise Control (Rostra-100) = $310.00
Rostra Options Add Optional Control Pad PN 250-3592 and bracket
1 x Tach Signal Adapter (Schn001) = $15.00
Sub-Total: $325.00
Flat Rate (Best Way): $0.00
Total: $325.00
I have installed 3 or 4 Audiovox CC units on old Studebakers. They work great, and will maintain speed within 1-2 MPH, just like the factory CC does on our Goldwings. I believe Rostra is another version of the Audiovox, which is no longer made. Your pic of the control switch looks nearly identical. What type of speed sensor does your Rostra use?

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
UncleJohn,

I mention the forum where you can find detailed instructions.
It is the fjrforum.com.

Jasper
Jasper, you'll have to excuse UJ as he tends to get a little cranky if he doesn't get his milk and cookies before bedtime. >:) :joke:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have installed 3 or 4 Audiovox CC units on old Studebakers. They work great, and will maintain speed within 1-2 MPH, just like the factory CC does on our Goldwings. I believe Rostra is another version of the Audiovox, which is no longer made. Your pic of the control switch looks nearly identical. What type of speed sensor does your Rostra use?
The Rostra uses the bikes speed sensor, and it maintains speed very well.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I'm with uncle John. Maybe because I am vacationing in Florida right now. Or because this is a goldwing forum???
Speaking of Goldwings, perhaps the Honda Corp could contract Rostra to begin using their CC on the new Goldwings, or maybe a retrofit for the 2001-2017. That wpuld get rid of the frequent adjustment required, to deal with the lag that has been mentioned on this board only a few million times. LOL

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Adjustment

Speaking of Goldwings, perhaps the Honda Corp could contract Rostra to begin using their CC on the new Goldwings, or maybe a retrofit for the 2001-2017. That wpuld get rid of the frequent adjustment required, to deal with the lag that has been mentioned on this board only a few million times. LOL
I assume the Rostra unit could be misadjusted like the one on the Goldwing is. If you are changing the air filter, it takes an extra 5 minutes to fix the CC.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Guys, the FJR1300 is a great bike and this one is great because it's got CRUISE CONTROL!
@Jasper - I'll hit you up with a PM.

This bike is for sale.

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Once it’s properly adjusted it most likely will never need readjustment, at least mine never has.........

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Sometimes... I do get a chuckle on here.

I've bought many things that weren't "Goldwing" related on here. This forum is for folks who are GL1800riders.com members. I've seen Harleys, Yami's, etc... and parts for several things as well.

But... Jasper does have a 2006 GL1800... that sucker has like 250,000 miles on it. Soooo... I'm willing to give him a pass. ;)

Bump... and GLWS! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Gosh GLFlyer. When I set up my account I did not have a picture of my goldwing, so I used one of myself and grandson. Sorry I was not on top of my game and posted something REALLY ORIGINAL like your profile picture of you and the wife on a goldwing by the Deals Gap sign. """Sometimes... I do get a chuckle on here.""" Uncle John, who I still agree with posted this "GOLDWING FORUM ! " not me. I have no beef with Jasper, I have owned and enjoyed two other Yamaha's a FZ1 and a VMAX. And that's awesome you are giving him a pass, I'm sure everyone was holding their breath. Unlike you, I did not attack anyone about their opinion. GLWS Jasper.
Hey now... I'm not a keyboard warrior. Far from it... My intention was not to "attack", only to state my opinion and I really did get a "chuckle" out of folks concerns about this being a "Wing" forum, especially due to past history on this forum. Hey... at least it wasn't an "oil" thread. ;)

Apologies for not being "original" with my sig pic. I'm certain that there are MANY other's on here with non-wing related pics and that's awesome... it's just that yours happened to be low lying fruit when I was responding with my opinion... I can understand that folks may rush to judgement on my opinion, just as I did to support Jasper, and I guess that's life.

Hoping I didn't cause you to have too bad of a day and you were able to breath a sigh of relief upon posting. You win... I feel bad for posting. Life's too short to be upset with someone on the 'net, so I'll move on and I hope you can as well. Time is always better spent with the likes of your awesome grandson... because that's what matter's most. ;)

Ride often & ride safe!

Bob

·
Registered
353 Posts
Bob. I owe you a BIG SORRY. My misunderstanding in a big way. All is good. My original posting was a joke that was missed. I am from Minnesota (cold), vacationing in Florida (Very HOT) and possibly have heat stroke (kind of implied). I shall keep my jokes too myself from now on.
Bruce

Like my new picture :)

Also cleaned up my trash.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Just a plug for this bike. I helped Jasper buy it originally and it was a good bike when we got it. Since then, Jasper has done a ton of little things that make the bike even better. Little things like replacing a broken plastic tab to bigger things like adding cruise control were all done to make the bike perfect. All the maintenance it fully caught up, it runs great and is essentially better than new as equipped.

If he had the room, he'd be keeping it, he's just doesn't have the space for it and his Wing and since 2UP riding is better on the Wing, it won.

I've known him for a few years and even though he doesn't have a lot of posts on here, I can vouch that he's a stand up guy and you won't be disappointed with this bike.

If you know of someone looking for an inexpensive sport touring bike, please pass this on to them.

Jasper...GLWS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.