GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time ? long time reader...I am getting ready to buy the 2004 wing currently ride 2002 1800 VTX retro. I am curious does the 2005 wing have something I should hold out for over the 2004??
P.S. Came to this site by accident now I know I want a wing!!!! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
824 Posts
It will be another 5 or 6 months before the '05s are introduced. You can bet your last dollar Mother Honda will have no leaks about any upgrades or changes before they release them at the Dealer Show.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the board!

If you like your current ride, hold out... if you can make a deal on an '04 and don't wanna wait, go for it. It is an amazing machine, and once I was bitten by the bug, there was no waiting for me!

Coming off the VTX1800 you have an idea of the power, but throw in the comforts and you'll be SO happy you made the switch. And so will your co-rider!!

·
Registered
21,098 Posts
lots of rumors flying around about 2005 wings but I am not expecting any major changes. Go ahead and buy one now you will be glad you did.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Let's put it this way, . . . . I had to wait till 2002 before I could afford my new GL1800. I now have 22K on it and still get the biggest, brightest smile I can possibly muster each and every time I get on that horse. I absolutely love it, . . . even tho there are now the 03, & 04 up-grades and colors out. I wouldn't trade this puppy for any of them, . . . because I am still so very satisfied!!! :D And my guess is that you will be too! By the way, you can lean the GL1800 way farther than you can the VTX1800. I know by experience!!!! :shock: :lol:

Good luck, and get that Wing now! Start your fun!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
05 GW

Although the Black Cherry 2004 Gold Wing is a beautiful bike I am holding out for the Pearl Blue 2005. I know it is coming. <BSEG>
Jerry

Patiently Waiting

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have the 2003 GL1800 "Blk Warrior" I seriously doubt that the 2005's can or will be much better in any area. This bike is awsome to say the least! :blw1:

·
Registered
88 Posts
heh, I found that out about the VTX while on a demo ride at WingDing last year. I toss my 1800 around pretty good and tried to do it with the VTX. Much to my surprise, I ground on them boards pretty good! :shock:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in the boat you were in Snazzy Nazzy Biker It will be March/April before I can come up with the funds for my wing.

Hoping to pick up a Candy Black Cherry ABS 2004 leftover for a really good price.

With my luck the 2005's will have some very snazzy upgrades and I won't be able to resist.

You guys think about us curb sitters every once in a while, you hear!

Gordon :cry:

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
I'm still exicited about the idea of the 2300CC, 150hp, 2005 Wing model with larger saddlebags! Jerry, I hear they are coming back with your blue in this model for 2005.

I have a friend who's sister has a friend that told her Aunt that lives in Ohio close to the Bike Plant that works at the local restaurant etc etc etc! :D

I do hope for a major change in '05. More power and bigger bags would be nice! I HAVE A DREAM! 8)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Me Too!!!

I have a friend who's sister has a friend that told her Aunt that lives in Ohio close to the Bike Plant that works at the local restaurant etc etc etc!
Hey Red.......I know that "Aunt". That is why I am waiting for the 2005. Talk about blowin' doors off. I also hear the price is comin' down.

Paitently Waiting.

Jerry

·
Registered
61 Posts
My next door neighbor's dad drives a trash truck in Maryville and sent him a "file" recovered from the truck. It shows Honda testing a new model for 05 which will be available with a diesel engine for all those wingers that like to pull trailers wherever they go. It's rated at 80 horsepower , but has 235 ft/lbs of torgue. It will come standard equipped with a CB with mirror mounted co-phased dual antennas and fender mounted air horns. UPS has ordered 500 of the new model, which is said to be able to pull tandem trailers with a gross weight of 3000 pounds. This will allow them to retire some of there long distance "brown" trucks and cut down on the space required for unloading in crowded cities. First year production will be limited to 2 colors. "Freightliner red" and "Kenworth blue".

·
Registered
824 Posts
Darn, I thought for sure one of the colors would be UPS Brown!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts