GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock radio and installed a ipod interface to the CD player input. It worked great for several months. All of a sudden the Radio will not switch to CD mode. It's like the button won't engage. Anybody else had this problem, and how did you fix it?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for a while and it may re-set itself. I know this cures some CB problems. Hope it works. Pat

·
Registered
75 Posts
Make sure the plug is in all the way at the I pod----I had the same problem and finally found that the plug was not all the way in. You need to push pretty hard on the plug

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Which interface if it is the Soundgate it most likely needs unplugging and going through the reset procedure

The CD button will not engage if the interface needs resetting

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it worked. Thanks for the info. Now I need to find my IPOD. Kids swear they didn't touch it. it just dissappeared like magic. LOL

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine does that every once in a while. If I turn on audio, hit CD, and then turn on the Ipod it seems to work better. I have never had to unplug at the CD connection (under the seat).

I have the Ipod connection in the trunk. When working, the Soundgate is wonderful - much better audio than plugging the Ipod into aux in the left pocket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts