GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: I am new to this board so forgive me for asking what is probably an ongoing question. I currently ride a 2000 Valk Interstate and will be looking for a new bike next year (2005). What is the scoop on the Anniversary Edition of the 2005 Goldwing? Anything set in stone yet? I have heard that they may have some two-tones, heated seats/grips and that's about all. Any other bells and whistles that you know of. As much as I love my Valkyrie I am really anxious to get the 1800. Thanks for the help.
Have a Happy New Year.

Paul S. Carver
East Peoria, Il

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Honda has some of the finest security around when it comes to new models, I remember all the rumors that were passed around before the official release of the GL1800, it was pretty crazy. Spy images of the 01 model only showed up a very few days before the actual showing to the dealers. The best hint we have was in the paperwork related to the overheating that Honda filed with the government, Honda is planning some changes to the cooling system that will show up in the 05 models, it would appear that the radiators will be mounted differently than the current models, which might, or might not cause a change in the fairing's appearance, only time will tell.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You will get a range of answers from no information out at this time to what ever you want to hear. We also have a 2000 Valkyrie Interstate along with a 2002 and a 2004 Goldwing. Do you remember all the hype about the Valkyie before the Rune became reality. There were a few changes on the 04 Wing. I have heard some say there will be some change in the 05. By October 2004 you will know for sure.

Took the Valk out today for about 20 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts