GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a 2004 ABS and was told by the dealer that the bike would be delivered in about two weeks. Well about a month later when I confronted the dealer, I was told that Honda is holding back the 04 models and the new delivery date is mid June. I have called other dealers in my area and no one seems to have a 2004 in stock. You can get all the 2003 models you want and they are not discounting them that much. I'm getting a little tired of the run around. I canceled the order and I think I will wait untill the 2005 models are available. Finally my question, Does anyone know when the 05 models will be available to purchase?
Also I will be riding my 1997 Gl1500SE from N.Y. to Key West, Fl this September. Does any one know if Hal takes trades, and how hard is it to finance through Honda Credit if a person lives in a state other than the state that the dealer is located in?

Tony

G

·
0 Posts
A few years ago I bought a new bike. I wound up buying it at a local dealer but two weeks earlier I was in Florida and almost bought it from a dealer there. It was a Kaw Vulcan. I filled out all of the paper work, got the loan approved, and all we had to do was sign the BOS. Only hitch was that we had to talk directly to the folks giving the loan to prove who we were. They asked some personal questions we had to answer correctly. Basically, the said it was for our own protection to prove that someone hadn't stolen our identity and trying to buy some big ticket item.

As for your other questions, I'd suggest calling HDL at their 800 number listed on the web page and talk directly to them about it.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
call ; 1-888-258-6699 for Hal's place....

The dealer I delt with on my 04 had a 2003 and the 2004 I bought on the floor...

No deal on the 2003, so I bought the 04.

My next Goldwing will come from a dealer that will deal , be that in AZ or not. Hal seems to deal on bikes and parts.

·
Vendor
22,096 Posts
The information I got is that 2004 models are getting hard to come by. Additionally, Honda is doing the unheard of, and discounting 2003 models by $500 in an attempt to clear inventories.

Apparently they have been producing 2004 models in limited quantites since the frame problems arose. I think they know they have a design/consumer confidence problem with the frame and are trying to get the 2005 to market as fast as they can, meanwhile clearing all inventories of 2003 and 2004's.

If you are in the market for a 2004, don't count on being able to get the color you want. If you can find one at all. There are still plenty of 2003's available, if you can stomach the potential frame problems/recall-reweld fiasco.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts