GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
They will be available only after they sell all the leftover '03's and then the '04's that they refused to release because the '03's didn't sell. It could be '06 or '07 at the rate they are going!

·
Vendor
22,510 Posts
2005 Frame changes

There had better be some major changes to the frame on the 2005 if they plan on selling any of them.

Personally, I think Honda should offer each and every owner of a 2001-2003 model a hefty trade in allowance on a 2005 to try to get these inferior frames off the street.

·
Registered
61 Posts
As excited as I've been about my upcoming purchase of an '05, I'm seriously considering another brand/type bike if the 'wings still have an aluminum frame.

I may have to settle for the ST1300 or something just short of the 'wing. Isn't it strange you don't hear about any aluminum frame problems on the FJR1300 or ST1300. Makes you wonder if there is a problem with the frame thickness to overall bike weight on the 'wing. :?

Gordon 8)

·
Registered
274 Posts
SANDMAN >>>

Or could it be us ? :wink:

Maybe the weight of the GL1800 riders are the main reason for frame cracks :! :idea: :oops:

I am going on Weight Watchers man... Until I drop below 200lbs. :!:

Don't get me wrong, I am not fat, just big boned and it's hard to get my bones smaller darn it :!: :roll:

:D

G

·
I want to buy a new GL1800 ABS, but I would like to know what the 05 will offer. Does anyone have an approximate timeframe for the 05 availibity?
The correct answer is "when Honda decides to release them".

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well in the heat of the moment I made statements that have a tendency to modify with the cooling of emotions.

In other words I stopped by the local Honda shops today and sat on the available 'wings in the showroom.

I'm sorry but there is just no bike that compares with the factory fresh comfort of that "Big Mama"so just ignore my comments above. :p

I'm still an '03,'04, '05 wannabe. :lol:

Gordon 8)

P.S. there was an '03 Kawasaki Voyager in the showroom....NO CONTEST!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts