GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 / 85k miles with a spongy pedal. Looking for guidance to bleed or not, to replace master cyl or not
or do ????? I do not have any serv records on brakes for this bike so no info to work from :(
how to proceed? What say you.

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Call any dealer with vin # and see if rear brake recall was done . If not get it done . If done search on here for "rocky bleed " and do it

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Call any dealer with vin # and see if rear brake recall was done . If not get it done . If done search on here for "rocky bleed " and do it
Aaaaaaaa John, (excellent suggestion) Good idea :wink2:

Ronnie

·
Vendor
17,822 Posts
2005 / 85k miles with a spongy pedal. Looking for guidance to bleed or not, to replace master cyl or not
or do ????? I do not have any serv records on brakes for this bike so no info to work from :(
how to proceed? What say you.
2-whl or 3-whl ???

·
Registered
76 Posts
If recall was done, you should bleed the front and rear with Dot 4 brake fluid. Old brake fluid tends to get spongy after a few years, and there may be air bubble trapped in the fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
turns out the recall was NOT done so that was a good call !
scheduled for completion next coup[la days :)
BTW, What was the recall issue?

·
Registered
412 Posts
You might want to read some of the issues with brake shutter after the recall was done before you decide to have it done. I wish I had never had it done. Defiantly something to think about. If you don't have the shutter now you may after. You have seen the post poll about that very thing haven't you?

Reactions: jlbc212

·
Vendor
17,822 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts