GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm staring down the whole rear speaker upgrade issue right now. Has anyone confirmed this procedure actually works as advertised? At least for a 2006-2011 model (mine's an '07.) TIA.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Are you wanting to upgrade speakers or what. Nice video haven't taken mine off in a while on my 08 but it refreshed my mind. Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yes it works and after you've taken them off and on about 10 times I almost think I can do it without a tool don't worry you're not going to break it the most you'll probably do is maybe lose one of the front Clips like I did.

·
Vendor
17,821 Posts
Has anyone confirmed this procedure actually works as advertised?
A hack can do anything, and yes it works. However, to reinstall the pad correctly, the speaker box has to be removed. If you look closely at the video, you will see an empty threaded boss. There are actually 3 of them per side. Empty threaded as in ones that take push nuts. On many that I've seen where they are missing, the arm pad lacks correct support and over time fails to fit correctly. Part #60 in the fishe below. Rarely can push nuts be reused, so be sure to order 6 new ones before you remove the arm pads.

https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053edcaf870021c54be4f54/trunk-box

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A hack can do anything, and yes it works. However, to reinstall the pad correctly, the speaker box has to be removed. If you look closely at the video, you will see an empty threaded boss. There are actually 3 of them per side. Empty threaded as in ones that take push nuts. On many that I've seen where they are missing, the arm pad lacks correct support and over time fails to fit correctly. Part #60 in the fishe below. Rarely can push nuts be reused, so be sure to order 6 new ones before you remove the arm pads.

https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053edcaf870021c54be4f54/trunk-box
Solid info right there. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts