GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone adjusted the cruise on a '06 yet with the shelter on? I can't get the plastic peeled back to get to the adjuster like I could on the earlier models.

They're getting closer at the factory than before, but it still drops a couple mph. :?

TIA.......

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Yeah Red, I did. I pulled off the "dash" and pulled back the plastic guard on the right side and was able to get into the cruise cable. It was a bit of a PITA because I have big hands, buut I did it. Fred's video's helped.

Bartman

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Yes, just did it Saturday. You have to get the gage cover off.....then the seat, and then take out all the screws onthe shelter and lift it enough so youcan get that plastic "filler" piece out of the way. adjuster is just under it and easy after that. You do not have to take off any connectors from the shelter lust lift it a bit. Not a hard job....took about an hour. I went 3-1/4 turns. At high speed it's perfect and low speed it jumps up just a tad. I don't know if they are all the same, I'd say three would get you real close. I tried it without lifting theshelter and could not get it.....maybe I just didn't have the right technique??

PS.....Red....mine dropped about 4 mph or so if that gives you a reference.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Also the gage cover is not like the earlier models I guess yo know..It's easier to get off. let me know if I can help with that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
CC adj.

After removing the cable clamp over the cc adjustment nut on my06 I am just barely able to turn the adjustment nut. Mine took a little over 2 turns and is pretty close, less than 1/2 mph increase at 75 and about 1 at 40. I would think 2 turns out would be a good starting point.
Bill

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys! :) I got er done......

I removed the meter panel, right fairing trim strip, right box, and the two top screws below the speaker and the the other two top screws on the shelter under the strip. I was able to lift the shelter enough so I could move the plastic (whatever it's called) out of my way forward so I could get to the adjuster.

I turned it out 2 turns and took it for a ride. Still slacked off a little. Came back and turned it out another full turn. Bingo....we have a winner! LOL....

You'd think with the 1800 Wing being in it's seventh year of production the factory would get a clue how to adjust the cruise when it was being assembled. :cus:

Thanks again...... :clap2:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Yup you'd think wouldn't ya!!

Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Red said:
You'd think with the 1800 Wing being in it's seventh year of production the factory would get a clue how to adjust the cruise when it was being assembled.
Red, I'm sure you've read the service manual's procedure. If that's the way the factory does it, no wonder they get it wrong. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts