GL1800Riders Forums banner

2006 Dash replacement

817 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  kswinger 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced the dash on a 2006 Nav. model. I have a new dash and it appears to be slightly different than the one I took off. All is fine except there is a box with a wire running to it that doesn't have a place to screw it on on the new dash. Don't really know what it is.

#2 ·
A dash??? You mean a new gauge cluster, or a new visor? The visor is the black piece above the cluster. Maybe what you are seeing is an antenna for a GPS tucked up inside?

#4 ·
Looking at the parts breakdown the part numbers are different. There are two visors.

Assume one is for the GPS model and one not. That would make a difference.

#5 ·
That could be the difference. This one has some mounting holes that are too far apart. I used one of them and left the other side off. Hope it holds.
Thanks

#6 ·
Ok ... I know what you are seeing. They superseeded the part number on visors to include all. All being ones that hold 2 antennas (GPS and XM radio/weather). The visor you took off has a place for just one ... a GPS antenna. You are correct, the newer one's holes are spread further apart.

The one I installed came with a metal plate and screws. As I recall, I had to mount the GPS antenna to the plate and then mount the plate inside the Visor. You visor kit should include a plate and screws. Carefull when routing the cable. Do not push it into those plastic guide slots. Lay the cable on top and as you slide the cable sideways, the plastic flexes and the cable falls into place ... an example of a Honda ingenious design.

#7 ·
I've already put it back together using just the one screw for the gps antenna. I will look in the box tomorrow to see if there was an adapter. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.