GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GL1800 with the Soundgate Ipod adapter. Everything appears to be working but I have no audio through headsets or speakers. I do have a CB and I have audio through the speakers and headset. Even when I disconnect the Ipod converted completely I still have no audio. Everything on radio appears normal when I change channels, turn mute on and turn mute off. I have checked the radio accessory fuse and it is not blown. Amp and speakers must be ok. I have also disconnected battery and reconnected. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Radio

Check "ALL" the buttons on the radio to make sure none of them are sticking or stuck down. There are several of them which when down will shut just about everything down.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The symptoms seem to indicate that the CB is in constant "receive" mode which will mute any other audio source.

Does the display for the CB show "Rx"? If so, try increasing the CB squelch setting to see if you can get the CB to come out of receive.

If that doesn't work, try unhooking the battery again for at least 10 minutes and then reconnecting. I have heard (never experienced) of CB's getting hung up and a longer power removal might reset it.

If the symptoms persist you might try disconnecting the cables to the CB unit in the trunk.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. The CB does show "RX". When I increase squelch it does come out of receive. It also transmits ok. Thanks for the help. I will try it.

The symptoms seem to indicate that the CB is in constant "receive" mode which will mute any other audio source.

Does the display for the CB show "Rx"? If so, try increasing the CB squelch setting to see if you can get the CB to come out of receive.

If that doesn't work, try unhooking the battery again for at least 10 minutes and then reconnecting. I have heard (never experienced) of CB's getting hung up and a longer power removal might reset it.

If the symptoms persist you might try disconnecting the cables to the CB unit in the trunk.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem Fixed

Jim,
Your fix worked. I disconnected the positive battery terminal for about 20 minutes, reconnected it, problem gone. I had tried this before but I guess I didnt wait long enough. Thanks for the help and great advice.
Mike

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts