105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a 2006 motor trike with 10,000 miles,
no opitons on the bike, but the trike has on board air, and few other goodies,
What should i pay??:shrug: I what to be fare

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I am not very good on prices, but I would guess anything under $24,500 would not be a bad deal. If you are happy then it is a good deal. EZ Steer is worth $1,000 or so..guess it does not have that. A dealer I know has a 2004 with EZ Steer and aqua shield for $26,000 which I think is a little high...but he is a dealer and will deal....good luck, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Over a year ago I bought a 2005 with CB, Fog Lights, heated grips, 5000 miles with a MotorTrike Spyder, aqua-shields, on board air from a dealer in Texas for $22,000 and had to go get it for another $1000.

From what I have seen in the PNW, 20-21K for a bare-bones MotorTrike to about 25K for a well equipped one, low mileage and not beat up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Look for another trike other than Motor Trike. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not sure what your experience has been but I had my 05 triked in Jan 07 and love it. Any problem I have had were installer related and gladly fixed by MotorTrike at no cost to me. Great Trike and I have had outstanding support from MotorTrike. Just my 1 cent.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
And I have one that has been great. MotorTrike upgraded my brakes and rotors, no charge. Had really good luck with both the factory and the dealer. But some are not happy with anything.....

·
Registered
303 Posts
As I stated before Buyer Beware. Motor trike installed and amitted they installed a non-water proof air pressure guage for the suspension system. The gauge got wet from of course rain. I called motor trike and they would not replace it. I meet up with Jeff Vey the wonderfull owner of Motor Trike he call me a bone head for getting it wet. This is a motorcycle that gets wet in the rain. I paid approx $400 to get a water proof gauge and motor trile still will not pay for it after amiting the put in the wrong gauge. If this is the type of company you want to deal with all I can say again buyer beware.

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
I have personally met Jeff Vey and all I can say is there is more to this story. Based on your caustic comments I can only imagine what really happened. I bought a used Motor Trike that was way out of warranty. There were a couple of issues(minor) . I took the trike into one of their dealers in Phoenix and they took care of the problem. I went to pay the bill and they stated there was no charge, that it was Motor Trike policy to take care of these kinds of issues. My next trike WILL be a MotorTrike.
BTW, If you paid $400 for a waterproof guage, someone saw you coming ! They usually range about $30 for a good guage . Takes about 10 full minutes to change it.

B

·
0 Posts
As I stated before Buyer Beware.... I meet up with Jeff Vey the wonderfull owner of Motor Trike he call me a bone head for getting it wet...
I agree with "buyer beware" and I have no horse in this race...but over the past few years - here on the trike forum - I have heard people rag on the management of CSC like this and I have found most, if not all, of the rants to be unfounded. Like W7AX, I think there is more to this story than you are letting on.

I too have met Jeff Vey and I find it hard to believe that you would have a valid warantee issue and he would call you a "bone head." But I have been wrong before.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:doorag:"BOYs"

I was just asking what would be a fare price:shrug:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
:doorag:"BOYs"

I was just asking what would be a fare price:shrug:

Things do seem to get carried away don't they :eek:4:

I would think if you have found one that is at or below 25K it would be a fair deal, and a better deal depending on how much less than 25...:shrug:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a Motor Trike that I have no complaints about. I have not tried the others because I am satisified with what I have. If I were to buy another Trike it also would be a Motor Trike. Pay a fair price and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
I agree with W7AX that there is more to the story.

I also agree with George Patrick that -$25k sounds good, all things considered.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have personally met Jeff Vey and all I can say is there is more to this story.

You are right there is alot more to the story, but you are not one I want to discuss this with. I am sure you enjoy your trike as much as my wife enjoys hers

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
I have personally met Jeff Vey and all I can say is there is more to this story.

You are right there is alot more to the story, but you are not one I want to discuss this with. I am sure you enjoy your trike as much as my wife enjoys hers
I take it that you are retracting your statements about the company and congratulate you for doing so.
Cheers,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts