GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I'm sure this topic is worn out, but my question is is there a car tire that will work with the bushtech trailer hitch, I'm looking to put a car tire on, and just want to know if it will fit. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Might want to ask this question in the Darkside sub board...

as far as I know, just about any 195 size car tire will work, but wont go in through the back as many people mount theirs. You might check the layover method, as that what’s many of us with hitches use. It is a very easy method once you get past the thought of laying your bike down for a nap. I do mine in my front yard and can change out a tire in about 10 minutes. (My wife at 135# can stand the bike back up by herself after learning the easy technique. Takes longer to get out and put away the tools than to actually change the tire.

Good luck, and ride safe!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Yes. My 2010 has a Bushtec hitch and I ran an Alpin ZP on it.

Same tire is now on my 2006 with a Rivco hitch.

Like @revrunt says, you can't come out the back by fender removal anymore. But you can't do that easily on models with the premium audio anyway, so no big deal. Change tire by layover or by lift up or by sending it to a shop to change tire.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
P.S. re-reading the post, you seem to be asking which tire will work, rather than will a car tire work. I'm pretty sure the hitch is a non-issue for all the tires and the limits are with the clearances up around the fender, etc. I think that any proven Goldwing Darkside tire will work +/- the Bushtec hitch. The tire I've got is obsolete so no help if you're looking for a specific known good one to buy.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Brian, to answer you question a to whether a CT will fit with a Bushtec trailer hitch,..
the simple answer is a resounding YES! I've had a Bushtec installed from day one and have had no problem fitting a CT on the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts