GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was an ad on Craig's list here in Colorado for 2006 Goldwing for $11,504. It seemed too good to be true, but I did inquire and got this back:

My 2006 Honda Gold Wing is in great shape,no engine problems,clear title,damages or hidden defects.It was always garaged and never smoked in.The mileage is 13,662 , VIN: 1HFSC47L76A503489 and the price is 11,500$.We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety.I just need your full name and address so i can open a case.Where are you located?

P.S. Please don`t forget to send me your info!

The sender's email address I got is: Nicole Harris [[email protected]]

I did send my name, address, phone number, but no credit card, bank account, etc information, am I ok with just pasting on name, address, phone info? I did do a check with the Colorado DMV with the VIN for stolen vehicles and it came back as not stolen and on another VIN checking site it did come up with a 2006 Honda Goldwing.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
There was a 06 on craigslist last year about this time that wingwing (Dennis) from Ocala bought for 10K. He used it for his turbo wing project. It did have a small hole in the engine block that had been patched with J&B weld,but ran great. So it may be Ok.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
There was a 06 on craigslist last year about this time that wingwing (Dennis) from Ocala bought for 10K. He used it for his turbo wing project. It did have a small hole in the engine block that had been patched with J&B weld,but ran great. So it may be Ok.
Fixed many CB750K's with JB Weld and an aluminum can after the chain broke and broke the case half's. Good stuff.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It is a SCAM, I see them all the time on Craigslist. Wallacem

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Most certainly a scam. Sort of standard verbiage used on know scams, and the "not smoked in"' shows it's probably just been copied from other auto scams. The $ sign AFTER the dollar amount is typical of non-American format. Also, scammers try to sucker you in with Ebay protection programs, which for the most part don't exist.

Run away - unless you just want to [email protected]#$ with 'em.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
next time you think you smell fist..ask for his number and call him, If he don't give you a number it 's a fish,,,..with a number you can check it out first...

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Several years ago a lady posted a Corvette in the paper for $50.00
she got it on a settlement from her husband...I guess she wanted
to get back at him.

Sometimes those deals listed to good to be true are true ... investigate !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts