GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about 5'8" inches short, yet I feel that the seat on my 2006 Goldwing sits me to close to the gas tank. I like to ride with my feet a little forward of my knees. I find that my feet are actually under and/or behind my knees. I have starting looking for an aftermarket seat or a company that can redo my seat to give me a little more room to slide back. Other then the already mentioned problem, I feel the seat is actually pretty comfortable. I have contacted Hartco, Diamond, Corbin, and Bike Solutions. Does anyone feel the same about the Goldwing seat and have any suggestions? Has anyone tried any of the companies that I have contacted or have found someone else that they would recommend

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm 6'5" and had the same problem, sort of, my knees where to close to the faring. I took my wing to a good local uph. shop and had that little 3" bolster behind you cut off and re-stiched up. It moved me back 3" and down about an inch. I works great. if you wanted to go higher have them put in a piece of foam to raise you up if needed. It cost me 50 buck and made riding alot nicer, just mt .02 cents worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts