GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just bought a 2006 Goldwing 1800 and has a device in the trunk that we are not sure what it is for.
It has two wires coming out of it. A hot wire that is tied into the saddle bag lights and another wire that is a ground. One side has an light that lights up when the key is turned on and the lights come on.

Attached are a few pics.
THanks to anyone that can help us solve this mystery.
Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Without seeing the end of it for something being able to plug into it, my guess is the prior owner tapped into the tail light feed to provide a power connection for something they kept. The only other idea I have is that it may actually be connected to a brake feed and it is the sending unit for a "helmet brake light".

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
goldwing

If he bought it from a private party, give them a call.

I like Steakfarmers' idea. Maybe it's a lowJack.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all, I will let my friend know what everyone thinks.

Lee

·
Vendor
17,821 Posts
I can't wait to read about the first member to "reverse the fans" on the 6th gens. Better yet, who's gonna be the first one to convert theirs back to having forks ???

·
Registered
980 Posts
I can't wait to read about the first member to "reverse the fans" on the 6th gens. Better yet, who's gonna be the first one to convert theirs back to having forks ???
Um, Greg.. I don't think this is connected to the proper topic. I think you may have misdirected it.

·
Vendor
17,821 Posts
Um, Greg.. I don't think this is connected to this proper topic. I think you may have misdirected it.
Thanks, I'll copy and paste it where I thought it was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts