GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 level 4 must be a lemon. I get42 mpg. The stock tire,s do a great job. No wooble. Radio sound,s great. Is the most comfortable bike i ever sat on. Nav.does a great job. Best bike i ever owned.But then again im not a peg scraper.Iride with both handes on bars.(most of the time). All i seem to have to do is put gas in her and ride.Guess i wil have to trade to a 2007 see if i can have some problem,s.I feel left out.(oh i do have a left trunk problem).Guess even a lemon has it,s falts. :D :D

·
Chard Member
12,969 Posts
Now quit complaining and go out and kill some love bugs! Chiefland has a few less than they did. I found plenty in that area yesterday! :?

·
Registered
244 Posts
That'a what im afreaid of. Im scared im going to get a bike that has no problem. I've got this V-Twin. Going to something that never breaks is going to give me anxiety ? Cant Honda sell a custom part that will disfuntion or something ? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
kennyc said:
My 2006 level 4 must be a lemon. I get42 mpg. The stock tire,s do a great job. No wooble. Radio sound,s great. Is the most comfortable bike i ever sat on. Nav.does a great job. Best bike i ever owned.But then again im not a peg scraper.Iride with both handes on bars.(most of the time). All i seem to have to do is put gas in her and ride.Guess i wil have to trade to a 2007 see if i can have some problem,s.I feel left out.(oh i do have a left trunk problem).Guess even a lemon has it,s falts. :D :D
Man, I feel for ya. I was cursed with my '05 the same as you. Left saddlebag and all of the other stuff you mentioned.

If you weren't on the other coast I'd buy you a beer. :beer3:

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Kenny,
sounds like my '05. I've owned 4 GW's since 1980,put over 70K miles on all of them without any major problems. My '80 1100 had a starter fail,but was repaired under warranty. Even my '00 1500 had the original alternator in it when I sold it last Oct. with 76K miles on it.
My '05 with 15K miles on it has no problems so far,except for the left saddle bag glitch :twisted: which I repaired with the help of Fred's DVD..
I like my 1800, it's a lot of fun, but IMO the 1500 was the best for ease of maintainance, & usable luggage space.
This will be my last new 'Wing,unless Honda starts building a standard model without all the bells & whistles.
IMO they are still the finest,most reliable heavyweight touring motorcycles made today.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring. :D
Ride Red,
the hobo

·
Registered
806 Posts
Kenny!! mine is worse than yours. I didn't even get the left trunk problem. My biggest problem is it uses way to much gas, it gets 42 to 44 MPG, but it seems like I'm constantly putting gas in it. Just don't understand it?

GREAT POST KENNY :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Sounds like my '02...left trunk latch the only problem here too (fixed it myself)...been looking at '07s, but kinda scared, it might be my turn for problems!! :)

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I guess some of us just happen to be unlucky. My is an 04 with the same problems. All it wants is to just be rode, fast and hard. Oh well glad I got it and someone else didn't.

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Man! I feel so special. The oil light on my 02 quit working last year..er.. huh.. maybe it was a couple years ago. Gotta fix that someday.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Kenny all the 07s are this bad

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mines a lemon too. Sometimes when I don't close the left trunk latch properly, the bike complains on the dash. I GOT A LEMON!!!! Sometimes when I am on the highway, I look down and my bike is going 85mph!!! I GOT A LEMON I TELL YA! Everyone is always looking at it...like something is wrong with it. Must be because it is a lemon. Sometimes when I am at a red light, an Ultra Classic will pull up to me and then suddenly, when the light turns green the damn bike launches out of the hole like a scalded dog, leaving that sluggish, no power harley behind. I don't have a clue why the 'Wing wants to do this....damn lemon I tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!

OH and for EDIT: That front tire WILL come off the ground. LEMON!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Man Kenny I got one jsut like yours too. Must be a string of em.....
I'm calling my lawyer! :shock:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I still have one of the first 2001 to come out, and I feel bad as the only problem I have ever had was the recall inspection for the cracked frame (passed) Mine never overheated in stop and go traffic. Maybe I have a lemon too?

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
kennyc said:
Darn "mother" Honda!!!11 :evil: :evil: :evil: Just shows how out of touch they are! They missed the boat again! "mother" Honda never listens to their customers.

"mother" Honda!!!11 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
552 Posts
It's nice to hear about somebody who loves their gold wings as much as we do. You will have many many miles of great smiles and will meet some very special people who are fun to ride with. Just make sure that you take very good care of your gold wing and it will take good care of you. :yes1:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
same issues with my '05. 22,000 miles, no problems at all.

Hobo,
Interesting how you want Honda to sell a base model. Most riders want Honda to sell a SE or similar model. Most add several extras, and are not impressed with the high prices. ie: CB, heated grips, FFE.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I must have one of the early lemons
01 no problems
pearl blue not yeller :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts