GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 really stupid questions:

1) Do you use lock-tite on the four screws that hold the spoiler on? If so, red or blue?

2) Hypothetically, if an inner liner screw fell between the trunk lid and trunk and sounded as if it fell far enough to get to the bottom of one of the saddle bags but didn't sound like it hit the ground, where would be the most likely place to find it :oops: ????

Thanks,

·
Registered
729 Posts
busflyer said:

1) Do you use lock-tite on the four screws that hold the spoiler on? If so, red or blue?

2) Hypothetically, if an inner liner screw fell between the trunk lid and trunk and sounded as if it fell far enough to get to the bottom of one of the saddle bags but didn't sound like it hit the ground, where would be the most likely place to find it :oops: ????

Thanks,
Blue locktite would be just fine. Finding parts lost inside the bike is usually hopeless. I usually work on a rug so at least if somthing falls through you have a chance. You could try moving you bike to see if anything falls through. In the meantime just order a new screw as you know as soon as you do the one you lost will be found.

John

·
Registered
125 Posts
busflyer said:

Thanks,
OHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO, we professionals NEVER lose screws, bolts, fuses, ummmmmmm glovebox clips. Not that I'm speaking from personal experience you see!!!! :oops:

I've probably got enough lost screws etc. down in the nether regions of my Wing to make another one!! Just replace them and forget about it. Blue locktite as stated above. :)

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
busflyer said:

Thanks,
I don't think thats stupid at all. I personally loctite almost any screw or bolt I replace or put on my bike, the blue is good enough. After a couple of different exasperating experiences :twisted: I have accumulated a few specialized lighting, telescoping, magnetic, and fishing tools, they are worth there weight in gold. LOL

·
Registered
454 Posts
OH THE SCREWS FALL IN THE SAME PLACE AS THE MISSING SOCKS IN THE LAUNDRY GO

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I, believe it's called the "ABYSS".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts