GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I have to do to remove the meter panel on a 2007 1800? Some of the places I have looked say to pry out the speaker grilles to access screws. All that has done so far is ding up the trim around the grilles. Another place shows to just grab and lift up and pull back, what is correct? My manual is a little foggy on that, that is where it says to take out the grilles. That did not work so far.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the same year and all I did I was to lift up where the key goes and then slowly work it up towards the speakers. The grills do not come off, they are part of the piece. Then when it's all loose, be careful because the wires for the speakers are still attached. The big speakers aren't too hard to take off but the wires for the tweeters are a little more tedious but doable. Hope this is enough to get you started. I'm sure others will chime in on something I may have missed.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Meter panel

Just pull up around the ignition key area, then the rest will pull away from the dash. There is a plug just in front of the ign that has to be unplugged, then pull the rubber boot off both small tweeter speakers and unplug the wire. You are done. There are some videos on how to do this. I'm sure others will chime in with some pictures.

What do I have to do to remove the meter panel on a 2007 1800? Some of the places I have looked say to pry out the speaker grilles to access screws. All that has done so far is ding up the trim around the grilles. Another place shows to just grab and lift up and pull back, what is correct? My manual is a little foggy on that, that is where it says to take out the grilles. That did not work so far.

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
Just pull. Instructions can be found in the How To section of the board for '06 & up.

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
911 Posts
just follow the instructions you've read here...it's very simple...was just in there the other day putting in new signal flasher...ride safe...

Scott

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
01 to 05 has screws behind the speaker grills that have to come out, the 06 up do not

·
Registered
77 Posts
Meter panel removal

Watch this.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1800meterpanel06on.htm

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2007 1800 remove me

Thanks guys. The video makes all very clear. My book only shows for the older ones. It says to remove the speaker grilles and that just ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I just used this thread to take my meter panel off so I could repaint the speaker grills. The only problem I had was--My fingers are too fat to release the clip on the tweeters as shown. There is not enough room to get a screw driver back there unless it is bent in an "L" shape. I just grabbed a longer allen wrench and used it to reach on and press on the tab-- POOF-worked like a charm. Thanks for the guidence

1 - 10 of 10 Posts