GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the model/equipment shuffle and new color does anyone now if anything actually changed on the 2006 wing. Usually there are subtle changes from year. Things like, lighted handlebar controls, windshield vent. Any ideas?

W

·
0 Posts
They finally got rid of those ugly tails lights................NOT

Airbags, Nav. ABS now can be ordered separate........NOT

Redesign saddle bags................................................NOT

Lower Prices..............................................................NOT

Brought back the color yellow...................................NOT

Thanks Mother Honda for nothing.

BTW.....I just saved tons of money by keeping my '03

·
Registered
471 Posts
That should be "Thanks Mother Honda for "NOT ING".
8)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I personally like my tail lights, and if you don't like them then you can just kiss my tail

light

lol

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
BTW.....I just saved tons of money by keeping my '03

You and me both! Other than a bigger radiator or altnernator I'v got everything a new bike has at a fraction of the cost. And everything I added I did myself, so I know it was done right. And still below the cost of a new 07 wing.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Saving tons of money and still a lot of bitching and moaning about "mother" Honda... poor "mother" Honda... just can't win.

:lol:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Lone Ranger said:
[quote="Wi_Winger":5mehetqq] BTW.....I just saved tons of money by keeping my '03

You and me both! Other than a bigger radiator or altnernator I'v got everything a new bike has at a fraction of the cost. And everything I added I did myself, so I know it was done right. And still below the cost of a new 07 wing.[/quote:5mehetqq]

Me three, I figure I'll trade my '03 for an 2012 when they come out with the GL2500, I got my GPS, FRS, CB,FFE and back-up alarm, for a whole lot less than a new 07

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I'm good with the changes Honda didn't make. I really am not ready to replace the Wing for a couple of years anyway :D

W

·
0 Posts
jjsC6 said:
I'm good with the changes Honda didn't make. I really am not ready to replace the Wing for a couple of years anyway :D
I guess this has a lot of truth. One way to look at it.

Then again maybe some of us were just wanting Honda to test our resistence to a new and improved model,
and they failed, and we win because we already have one in our stable.

Cheers!

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Y'all will show them! Maybe they will listen so they can start selling some Wings for a change! Damn "mother" Honda! :evil:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So,

Now that you've all got that crap out of your systems, does anyone have any information RELATIVE to the questions I asked in the initial post?? Hal, what say you?

Fred

·
Registered
200 Posts
fastfred said:
Aside from the model/equipment shuffle and new color does anyone now if anything actually changed on the 2006 wing. Usually there are subtle changes from year. Things like, lighted handlebar controls, windshield vent. Any ideas?
fastfred;

In all of the reading that I have done in the last day or so, I have not been
able to find anything that is really "new and/or different," or should I say
"an improvement" over previous years. I know it is not a clear answer, but
the closest that I can come is, "not much if anything."

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input.

I examined the show photos as well as I could and did not detect anthing but thought that HDL folks or perhaps other could have got a dump for the Honda folks, or even a visual.. Sold the 05, need a ride, probably going for an 07 just trying to figure out what's new if anything. This will be my 4th current generation wing, bought 2 from Hal in N. Miami and 1 from Southern Honda in Tenn.

·
Registered
200 Posts
For some reason, I really feel that the 1800 is going to follow in the long
footsteps of the 1500. Thirteen years of essentially the same motorcycle.

I could be wrong, but Honda has not IMHO, given any indication that they
are really on the "cutting edge" when it come to the Goldwing, nor should
they be. They sell them out year after year, after year, after year...

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I am new here so I might as well stir up something right out of the gate. If so many of you are evidently dissatisfied with the GW, why do you continue to own them :?: :? :roll:

There are other brands of motorcycles from which to choose? :?

Now that should liven things up a bit. :twisted: :lol:

OH, I bought an 05 GL1800 about a week and a half ago. Couldn't afford the whole salami. :lol: The only regret I have is that I did not decide to to do so BEFORE heading west on the recently completed, four week 6800 mile, adventure to ID and WA on my VTX 1300. But I enjoyed it! :D

Todd

·
Registered
200 Posts
wvnnva said:
I am new here so I might as well stir up something right out of the gate. If so many of you are evidently dissatisfied with the GW, why do you continue to own them?
Todd
Welcome aboard, and...

I do not think that it is dissatisfaction, but rather the desire to see the
model the majority of us prefer to be a tad more on the leading edge.

wvnnva said:
There are other brands of motorcycles from which to choose?
Not if you are a "true" Wing rider, then there is only the Wing :)

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I only buy on model changes, the 2007 is still a GL-1800, just like my 2001 GL-1800.... Before I drop any money, Its gotta be something besides a GL-1800, like maybe a GL-2500 or even a GL-3300 Turbo... I would perk up then, but until then, I will keep plugging along on this one !!

So I bought a GL-1000 1975
and I bought a GL-1100 1980
and I bought a GL-1200 1985
and I bought a GL-1500 1988
and I bought a GL-1800 2001
and I am waiting for the next one to come out, and waiting and waiting and waiting ... :cry:

May have to try another brand or something ! :p

JMHO 8)

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
KA7W said:
May have to try another brand or something ! :p

JMHO 8)
Ya Sure Tom, where are you going to find another bike that can take the kind of punishment and wear & tear you put on a bike, plus ride the miles. Like you might also have to start replacing the air filter more often than 77,000 miles??? Right!!

I won't hold my breath,

DaleC

P. S. My 01 still rides and looks like the current model and has a lot more options, why do I want to step down.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts