Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
honda fog lights
honda over sized heated grips replaced air filter today so its ready to go 08-03-2011
honda 12 volt in glove box
honda spoiler
honda extened warraanty
kury hiway floor boards
kury trunk rack
utopia back rest
baker hand and middle air wings
bushtec hitch with rack and cooler
23,000 miles
price 16,500
price reduced to 16,000
will send pics via e-mail

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
honda fog lights
honda over sized heated grips
honda 12 volt in glove box
honda spoiler
honda extened warraanty
kury hiway floor boards
kury trunk rack
utopia back rest
baker hand and middle air wings
bushtec hitch with rack and cooler
23,000 miles
Is this the bike with the car tire?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think the sticker below the tag is the clue, what is missing are the cookies on the driver seat :cool::cool::cool:

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Believe that's Cabernet Red - code 303. Very nice color
Good luck w/the sale
Hope you're selling to get another bike and not giving up riding:?::thumbup:
btt

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes time for a change ben on goldwings since 2003 and have loved every time i ride butt time to try a differnt path

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Nice Gold Wing. If at all interested in partial trade for a 03 ST1300A, 52000 miles, Honda radio, Russell Seat, Honda Top Box w/spoiler, Throttlemeister, plus more, please let me know. Bike is in excellent condition. Just returned from a 6500 mile ride to British Columbia, and bike ran flawlessly, as always.

If not interested, good luck in the sale.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
OK, I'll assume it has a CT...if it does, that's a deal breaker for me.

The search continues.

??? Looks like a great bike.........why not make an offer with a condition he put on a new tire of your choice prior to delivery.

It is JUST a tire. :joke:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
??? Looks like a great bike.........why not make an offer with a condition he put on a new tire of your choice prior to delivery.

It is JUST a tire. :joke:
Just a tire??? Not quite.

I use to do computer service calls at Honda's tech support center just north of Atlanta. While speaking with some of the support guys, I asked about the use of car tires on the GL1800.

They suggested that rear drive stress is significantly increased by the use of car tires (something about the sidewall flex of a car tire not being friendly in a motorcycle environment).

They did say Honda would not warranty any rear drive failures that had been using a car tire.

Yes, I know there are riders that have been using one for "millions of miles" without a single failure. But it's my money and I just as soon stay away from bikes so modified.

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Weekend bump for a nice Wing!

·
Registered
232 Posts

I use to do computer service calls at Honda's tech support center just north of Atlanta. While speaking with some of the support guys, I asked about the use of car tires on the GL1800.

They suggested that rear drive stress is significantly increased by the use of car tires (something about the sidewall flex of a car tire not being friendly in a motorcycle environment).

They did say Honda would not warranty any rear drive failures that had been using a car tire.

Yes, I know there are riders that have been using one for "millions of miles" without a single failure. But it's my money and I just as soon stay away from bikes so modified.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Seems funnie to me..... we have people here with over 100K on CTs and not ONE report of a single rear drive failure. Doesn't say much for your expert "Support Guys"! They have never looked at any facts, that's clear they don't have a clue! ........... If you don't want to use a CT that's fine but don't BAD MOUTH anyone that wants to try something that may be BETTER.......

·
Registered
155 Posts

Names and Phone Numbers please, I would love to have a conversation with these "Support Guy's"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.