GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I have electrical issues on my 2007 Premium Audio Wing, and I have determined I need info from the Manual, is there a trusted source through the Riders forum or a trusted dealer I can order from. Thanks folks.

r e x n i x a t h o t m a i l d o t c o m

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,465 Posts
Help, I have electrical issues on my 2007 Premium Audio Wing, and I have determined I need info from the Manual, is there a trusted source through the Riders forum or a trusted dealer I can order from. Thanks folks.

r e x n i x a t h o t m a i l d o t c o m

What's your symptoms?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've got the factory DVD service manual I'll sell. I put it in the computer and looked at it one time, same as brand new. $50 and I'll pay the shipping to you. It's for a 2007 model.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reverse malfunction

the reverse is not working correctly, it comes on, the cams move, the cables are adjusted, the 5 relays are ok, the button works, when I push the reverse button, the bike starts to move back but only travels about two inches and quits. If I keep pushing the reverse button over and over it will back up two inches at a time. So that is what I am fighting.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,465 Posts
I assume you have checked all of the fuses, especially the RVS FUSE A, Fuse #1. I would check the connectors on the cruise/reverse control module. There's a couple of wires to check for continuity, but those connectors are probably the most likely place for a connection issue. Goodluck with the service manual. :thumbup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
REverse malfunction

Yes, I have checked all fuses, several times. I don't know where this module is, otherwise I would have checked it by now, how about a clue, where is it? what does it look like?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,465 Posts
I can't find a good picture of it, but it is under the shelter in front of the airbox. Pretty much buried. There's a few things we can check if you have a digital multimeter and some time before you tear into it to get to that module.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reverse Malfunction

I appreciate it, but it is bed time for me. If you would, send some get started stuff and I will start on it tomorrow after (Work):cry:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reverse Malfunction

refreshing this forum sucks, the only way I can find to do it is get out of the forum, and then come back. This is gonna take a while.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,465 Posts
OK, I just click my refresh button at the end of the URL bar and it brings it right back up. I'll post a few things for you to do tomorrow. :thumbup:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,465 Posts
Do you know how to remove the shelter? You will eventually need to. I need you to put your voltmeter on the battery neg post and you will have to probe both sides of fuse #1 while pushing the starter/reverse button with the key on. You should see battery voltage on both sides of it only when the button is pushed. This verifies the part of the sense line circuit from the starter circuit running to the fuse and leaving the fuse. One side of that fuse goes to the reverse control module and if this voltage is good here, then it will have to be checked at the reverse control module(buried in front of the airbox). After you remove the shelter, you will have to get to the connectors on the module and check for this same voltage on the pink/white wire in the "A" connector. It's pin #15.

Here is the steps in the service manual for this, there's not alot to be checked beyond this.

·
Registered
524 Posts
note position of module in relationship to label and weld on right front frame. Hope this helps..

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
the reverse is not working correctly,
I have a 2001 and to date have never used the reverse. I even forgot there is such a thing. :p

Not to detract from the problem at hand it just struck me amusing.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts