GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't look black to me, but this color has the most metallic effect.
I would LOVE to see this one in the sunlight.

The SO saw these pics and wanted to know when WE were going to look again...I may be in trouble(?)

You guys with dial-up gotta be hating me by now!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
beautiful
Like to see the dash area, would you go back and take a pic? :lol: :lol:
Looks somewhat like the paint that some one on here was painting their panel, and dash parts parts with.
Really nice.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it wasn't almost a hundred miles away I would...I AM going back when he has some more in stock and I can see that color all set up and for sale.

They are a volume dealer, 200+ 'Wings (including trikes) sold a year. 75% of their orders are from out of state.

They're putting in a large order for '07s the first of the month.

He only has 6 '06s left, two with airbags, a black and a dark red.
Going for $20k and some change, lists for $24K.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'd need to see it in person to change my mind, but I think I'm more in the line of thinking with Bob.

I like the Black non-sparkle.

Dep

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
robertcuster said:
Naa! I like Black Black. There's too much chrome in that Black.
I expected you to say something like that. :wink: But I have to agree with ya, on this one. Either make it black, or make it chrome. Just don't try to mix the two. :shock:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
I see they're still fastening them down, with the crash bars. :roll:
I arrived at Trimble’s right after they unloaded the bikes. It was nice to see first hand.

I know one thing I like my 06 dark red, people comment on the color often. And now I have new tires, ready for next year. Unless I moved south so I could keep riding.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Now that black looks interesting instead of plain. I can't wait to see that in person.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cool springs honda outside of Franklin, TN had several of the 07's on the floor yesterday. I spent some time looking at the black bike. I am not a black fan but that bike was awesome! The black metal flake really shined. It looked so much better than the "just black" color of the 06..

The orange was my favorite. If I had not just bought the 06 gold. That 07 might have made a new home with me....

wife said "see you should have waited the three weeks to see what the 07's looked like"

but the gold was what I wanted and I am happy with my bike..

·
Registered
601 Posts
All the 07's must be real S L O W ... Not a Yellow one in the bunch... 8)

I do like that Black though .. would be Great on a Bass Boat... :yes1:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rob,

Is the dealer Carolina Honda, Columbia, SC?

That is where I got my Wing in June...450 miles one way.
Nope. Honda of Sumter.

I asked Ted (sales manager) if Carolina Honda matched his prices.

He said they would, but they also ADD ON document fees (a fee for processing, kinda like a closing cost).

Honda of Sumter doesn't.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I purchased my '06 GL1800 ABS Black for $3k under msrp from Carolina Honda in June. I don't think there were any added costs for doc. prep., set-up, or transportation, at least I was very pleased with the bottom line, what they add in to get to the bottom line really doesn't matter in my mind.

The out the door price was the same as I was quoted over the phone, with no added hidden costs showing up when I went to pick up the bike. They were very accomodating in adding last the minute accessories I decided on after I arrived. They offered a discount on accessories, helmets, oil (Amsoil), filters, etc. that I purchased while there.

I just wish they were closer by (than 450 miles) as I consider them to be a first class dealership, both in the sales department and in the service area...at least as best I can tell from my experience.

As you can tell, I am very pleased with Carolina Honda (specifically John Dorn) and the way I was treated throughout the entire buying experience. They place customer satisfaction at the top of the list and do everything to assure you leave happy...how could you leave with a GoldWing and not be happy?

Jim

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
jbry5 said:
but the gold was what I wanted and I am happy with my bike..
I hear ya, brother! 8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts