GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the new 07 in Canada is $30849 , it looks like we only have the one model in Canada with all the bells and airbag ! Just wondering if any of my fellow Canadians have bought a new 07 yet ? How much did you pay ?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Out west they aren't in the showrooms yet & I don't think they know when they will be yet.

When I was looking to buy a few weeks back the dealer showed me his info from Honda Canada which indicated there would be more than one model i.e. you could get it without the airbag but there was no pricing at that time.

I got a new 06 for $27 K

·
Registered
302 Posts
We will actully get 3 models for the first time, we'll have the fully loaded regular as the 2006, the other one fully loaded one with airbag (the most expensive one, should be selling around 29,000 out the door) and, YES! a nude one, so nude they dont even talk about premium sound!!! :? no clue how much it will sell.
Each models have different colors offered, know silver will be only in airbag, orange will be only in loadedABS, and the nude will be availlable in black or red only. Red is the only color offered in all three models.

I have bought a 07, but I boughtm it from our host, Hondadirectline in Shadyside. Better priced and as of today it will be cleared from customs and inspections so I will ride it today! :lol:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Orange did you have any hassle getting the recall letter from Honda America and did they say anything about not honouring the warranty in Canada? Will you get warranty service in the US?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
From Honda Canada's website:
3 models:
- $26,099.00
- $29,399.00
- $30,849.00

the '06 had msrp of $29,000.00, but dealers were selling at $27K.

Honda Canada will not honor a warranty for a bike purchased in the US, then registered in Canada. Does that tell you maybe they are gouging us?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I picked up a black 06 at a very good price. Went from a VTX1800. What a different ride. Only been able to put on 600k so far but love it. Waited to see the price on the air bag but could not justify the extra $$.

·
Registered
302 Posts
honda.

·
Registered
855 Posts
'07 Canada Price

Hello Hutch:

..I think Honda or the dealer is really pushing the so-called
envelope if they think almost $31000 is going to be
acceptable...any hey, maybe that's what they think!

..there may be some individuals willing to pay the price and
that's always up to that person, but I'm not one of them

regards.....Ken

·
Registered
630 Posts
Re: '07 Canada Price

Ken C. said:
Hello Hutch:

..I think Honda or the dealer is really pushing the so-called
envelope if they think almost $31000 is going to be
acceptable...any hey, maybe that's what they think!

..there may be some individuals willing to pay the price and
that's always up to that person, but I'm not one of them

regards.....Ken
Well that's just it Ken, I think it’s just a case of what the market will bare and so far I'd say Honda Canada isn't having problems selling wings at their significantly inflated price over the US bikes.

As long as they keep seeing the sales numbers they are looking for the prices will remain high.

·
Registered
263 Posts
They are pricing themselves out of the market up here. Remember Harley has dropped their prices significantly due to the dollars being so close. You can buy a full load in the States and bring it up here and just pay the GST at the border, and the PST when you license it, for around 26,000 all in. We always get it up the hoop here in Canada.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It's not just Honda either. I was looking at the new Triumph scrambler which I've seen advertised at US dealers for 7K. Of course in Canada the price is $10,500. Brutal, just brutal.

It's the same with parts too in my experience. Find the US price and mark it up another half and you'll be close to the Canadain price if not a little on the low side still.....

·
Registered
302 Posts
honda

1 - 12 of 12 Posts