GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the LCD screen on my 2007 with nav is starting to fail it has some pixels that are dying . I have read about some people that have replaced there's and that is what I need to have done . So my question is is there anyone on here that can do this or know of someone that does . I can pull the unit out of the bike it just that i am not steady with my hands when it comes to delicate soldering areas . Thanks Ken

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
No soldering involved. If you can pull it out, you can most likely replace it yourself. That link above will help you out.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you are right I think i can do it myself after reading the link above . I have just ordered the screen off of EBay from China and i hope when it gets here in about a month things will go like i plan. Turn the bike upside down throw the LCD screen in the black hole and shake the bike like a mad man and all the parts should fall into place after all i think that's how they build them so it should work for me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I agree that is a great write up on changing the display. The only thing I could add, is mine was also out to the left a bit. You cannot access the adjustment screws when the unit is assembled. I used blankets to support the bits and had them electrically connected so I could power it up and adjust the horizontal and vertical. After it was installed I noticed what looked like a wrinkle in the corner. Then I said "oh no, you didn't."
You know that plastic film that they put on all displays to protect them during shipping that is to be removed before installing....Ummmm Ya.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I did mine last year using the link above. Went smoothly and took a little over three hours. No problem!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My LCD screen dies after being in the sun for approximately 20 minutes but the odometer and clock still work. It is not the NAV version so how would I determine which replacement screen to order without having to take it apart?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts