GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to find the thread: "how to update your NAVI to the latest of everything" so here goes: I downloaded the 4.60 firmware and installed it. I can recognize all points of interest and search by name, so it is not the Firmware that stopped this feature. I am using City Navigator 2009 (NOT NT). I purchased 2014 City navigator NT and there is no "map tool" icon in the new "base camp" to click on to then copy to the CF card. I could not get the software unlocked unless I connected my Nuvi 205, and now cannot copy any maps to the CF card. The CF card has 2009 "gmapsupp" file in the Garmin subdirectory. I am unable to locate such a file in the new 2014 program. Any suggestions? Thanks, ride safe.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I have out of memory calculation errors with the 4.6 firmware. I tried it with 2011, 2013 and 2014 maps and get the same message for trips 1000 miles +-. When I came back from Sturgis I had to keep my routes under 1000 miles for it to work. I first thought it was the maps but now know after trying the different maps that it is the crappy firmware. We have been waiting for new firmware since January. Garmin keeps promising to release in within 30 days but that has been going on for almost 9 months now. I think they hope we Wing riders get tired of waiting and just stop calling for the update. Others do not have this memory issue using 4.6. I have an early '06 and that seems to be the issue. When I contacted Garmin they said later models have more memory. Do I believe that, NO!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts