GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the maps were updated in the 2007 Goldwing NAVI and if there are any operational changes?

·
Registered
552 Posts
fastfred said:
Does anyone know if the maps were updated in the 2007 Goldwing NAVI and if there are any operational changes?
I have a gay friend who just bought a loaded wing. I can ask him and see what he has to say. He is pretty smart and was on jeapordy and won a bunch of money. :yes1:

·
15 year Member
6,932 Posts
azblackbird said:
fastfred said:
I have a gay friend who just bought a loaded wing. I can ask him and see what he has to say. He is pretty smart and was on jeapordy and won a bunch of money. :yes1:

WHAT??? A GAY WITH A GOLDWING.... NOT POSSIBLE!!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :shock:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Matt(Ashland said:
azblackbird said:
fastfred said:

WHAT??? A GAY WITH A GOLDWING.... NOT POSSIBLE!!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :shock:

Ah, Mongo's straight :oops:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So,
I ask a legit question on a goldwing board and some feel compelled to salt in some crap about gays. If that is all you have to offer I suggest you get a CB radio and find a new forum for your obvious obsession. It seems that we have two absolutely different topics in mind.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Just picked up my 07 today.

Found it had the CN7 on it, not the 8.

Now wonder how I go about updating without using a PC.

Can you order an updated card from Garmin and how much?

I don't know the first thing about a GPS.

Gotta admit that stereo really rocks, even compared to the EC amp setup I had on my 04.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you explain the diff between the CN7 and CN8?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW,

How much did you pay, if you do not mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
So,
I ask a legit question on a goldwing board and some feel compelled to salt in some crap about gays. If that is all you have to offer I suggest you get a CB radio and find a new forum for your obvious obsession. It seems that we have two absolutely different topics in mind.

He just mentioned that his friend was gay and smart. Sounded like a simple statement to me...but then again...never mind.

·
Registered
589 Posts
fastfred said:
Can you explain the diff between the CN7 and CN8?
Not a great deal of difference. Just some updated road information. Honda has the basic system limited so badly that really it is not worth the update IMHO. Some owners have bought a 2nd card, downloaded the update from Garmin, paid the $75 for the unlock code and updated it.

I have used mine for over 8,000 miles since June and get along ok with it. If you come from a color StreetPilot III like I did it lacks a lot. It is clearly a automotive type of GPS and has it limits. The power GPS type of user may not be happy. Even at this it is a rather complex piece of gear with a 143 page manual just for the GPS. Getting back to the CN7 vers CN8 I bet you would be hard pressed to see the changes. Again the big problems with the unit an update of the map isn't going to fix.

I hope this helps you a bite enjoy your new wing and the GPS unit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I suspect they Navi system is similar to the one in my wifes 2006 acura TL. It provided all I have ever needed. Even in the car, manipulating the system while driving is a distraction, zoom and direction list is about it, using the cursor take my eyes off the road, especially risky where I drive and use the system.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Right you are, Chris... My bad

My dealer told me no '07 airbags for a while. I just assumed he meant all options... :oops:

Stay safe,

Lance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts