GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a message from a guy on eBay telling me he would never buy a bike that he could not first test ride. I had to tell him "sorry, don't offer test rides".

I have sold at least 4 bikes on eBay and NEVER allowed a test ride.

The good news is I have three people bidding on the bike with 4 days left on the auction!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I'd agree with that guy...I buy nothing without a "test ride/drive." I read your Ebay listing, good job on it. I do think lots of bikes will go over 50k miles without a rebuild though.

Free Bump!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Nice ad. Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Little confused....Top of listing says no existing warranty.. But below, you list an extended warranty.. Which is it??:shrug:

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little confused....Top of listing says no existing warranty.. But below, you list an extended warranty.. Which is it??:shrug:
I screwed up on the drop down menus when I set up the listing. It DOES include the Extended Warranty. I noted that at the bottom of the description. Warranty is good through Oct 2013

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I'd agree with that guy...I buy nothing without a "test ride/drive." I read your Ebay listing, good job on it. I do think lots of bikes will go over 50k miles without a rebuild though.

Free Bump!
I have offered to ride it and they could ride behind me.
The only way I would let anyone test ride my bike is if they had cash in hand, and I held it while they test rode the bike. If they didn't like it then I would return the money. What if they wreck it and come back and say, I changed my mind, I don't want it now! Then your up a creek. Sure your insurance would fix it but then your rates would go up..

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have offered to ride it and they could ride behind me.
The only way I would let anyone test ride my bike is if they had cash in hand, and I held it while they test rode the bike. If they didn't like it then I would return the money. What if they wreck it and come back and say, I changed my mind, I don't want it now! Then your up a creek. Sure your insurance would fix it but then your rates would go up..
Exactly. I have sold several bikes in the past with no problem and never offered a test ride. What if the guy hits a curb and break his friggin neck and sues me?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Test ride only after I have money in hand "CASH!" and first paper work is signed . No lawsuits for me .
Did you all see the Allstate ad with the guy going for a test ride on a bike LOL
NOway. if thats a problem for those that must ride first then bring cash or have a nice day and Ill wait for the next buyer as not worth my risk

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
what are u planning to buy next ? not one of those ugly 2012 wings that u have been relentlesly complaining about for months :thumbup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Test ride only after I have money in hand "CASH!" and first paper work is signed . No lawsuits for me .
Did you all see the Allstate ad with the guy going for a test ride on a bike LOL
NOway. if thats a problem for those that must ride first then bring cash or have a nice day and Ill wait for the next buyer as not worth my risk

I hope motorcycles never end up like aircraft, just having your name in the chain of ownership can get you sued. HOWEVER, and a BIG HOWEVER in the state of Texas (God Bless Texas), Rick Perry and the legislature just passed a frivous law suit bill that places the cost on the plantiffs that bring such a case. That type tort reform is needed EVERYWHERE!! (Looser Pays!!) Anybody now know why industry is picking up in Texas?

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what are u planning to buy next ? not one of those ugly 2012 wings that u have been relentlesly complaining about for months :thumbup:
Have not made a decision yet. 2012 is ugly but might still be the best bike out there right now. Just because I buy one does not mean I have to like it.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the bad news is my eBay auction never met the reserve price I had set. The good news is, my highest bid was MUCH higher than any other 2007 Goldwing on eBay, even one with 1/2 as many miles!

Fortunately, I am under no pressure to sell in a hurry. I can wait for the right buyer to come along.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You might want to do it again and make sure the Warranty Section at the top is filled out correctly. If a serious bidder did not catch the correction you might have missed the sale.
Nice Bike.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You might want to do it again and make sure the Warranty Section at the top is filled out correctly. If a serious bidder did not catch the correction you might have missed the sale.
Nice Bike.
That is at the top of my list of things to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I see that you have relisted the wing on Ebay. It does appear a very well thought out advertisement, but wanting over $17,000 for a 4 + year old bike, with over 60,000 miles on it, all I can say is GOOD LUCK.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.