GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in viewing photos of the '07 orange metallic wings because I think it may be a color I'm interested in. If any of you have some quality up close pics that you can post it would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Do yourself a HUGE favor and get up off your chair and go to a dealer and see one in person!!! That orange this year is the most interesting color I have ever seen on a bike. Outside it is absolutley beautiful... Pictures on here and online do NOTHING to tell you the honest color that Honda put on this wing..

It was my second choice to Black cherry metallic....

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is, Matt, that I can't find a dealer around me that has one on their floor. Otherwise, I would get off my chair.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I took a couple of photos of my Dark Orange Metalic 07, printed one large photo and took it to work to show to some fellow workers. Everyone thought it was pretty. I rode my new bike to work a few days later, everyone who lookes at the picture made the same comment," that color doesn't look at all like the picture". The color comes out orange on a photo, but it is beautiful copper matalic in real life. Pictures just can't do it justice.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My pal Chris just picked up his new Dark Orange and I took pics of the process. The bike is shown on the pallet and then after assembly. It was late in the day by the time the bike was together, but you should be able to get an idea of the look of the color under different lighting conditions.

Click the link to see the pics. Ignore the guy with the idiot grin, he's just the new owner!

http://vastmoderateconspiracy.com/images/gw

·
Registered
270 Posts
Tommy D said:
The problem is, Matt, that I can't find a dealer around me that has one on their floor. Otherwise, I would get off my chair.

Thanks for your help.
Tommy,

I know the problem. I have been looking to see the orange myself.
My local dealer says he will not get any 07's untill spring.

Sort of hard to see what you can't see.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
leftwinger,

Great pics! Thanks. I'm jealous of your friend. It's a beautiful color.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Well, we all know that Fred Harmon does not like Orange, so you probably won't get any 07 Orange Wing photos from him!

:sun1:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Leftwinger,

Nice bike and you are a good friend for sharing your friendsChris' joy.

I liked the pics, Good job.

I can't help but comment on the condition of that shop though. I have never seen worse. (Well maybe mine).

Bulldo

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you want to PM me your email I can send you some pics of my '07 Orange Wing. I took pics with my digital camera and the bike looked red. I then took pics with my wifes digital camera and the color looked very good. I guess I have to switch cameras when she's not looking........oops.................oh, hi dear!

·
Registered
354 Posts
07 Dark Metalic

Picture of wife and bike on delivery day

One month and have a few accesories

Dash at dusk

Bike at dark

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a series of pics of the orange sitting on the dealers floor indoors. If you think you`d be interested in those, I`ll upload them and post them here, otherwise I won`t bother. Let me know.

Roger

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Absolutely, I'm willing to take a look at any pics of the orange metallic that anyone has.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Bulldog said:
Leftwinger,

Nice bike and you are a good friend for sharing your friendsChris' joy.

I liked the pics, Good job.

I can't help but comment on the condition of that shop though. I have never seen worse. (Well maybe mine).

Bulldo
Hey Bulldog.
Thanks for the kind words. Chris is pretty happy with the bike, but wants to put some boards on and futz with the seat and handlebars. He is a long time Yamaha Venture/Star rider and wants to get a bit closer to the cruiser type riding position.

As for the shop, it's our local Honda/Yamaha dealer. They are disorganized as hell, but they stand behind what they sell as soon as they can find it.

Scott

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
KA7W said:
WOW! What a bunch of shiny, bright pictures.. Beautiful bikes !! If I had either one of those, It would be inside being polished.

In my real world, is a stock 2001 with zero accessories, all covered in dirt and dust, with a few dings on it :lol:

JMHO 8)
The way it should be!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts