2008 Honda GL1800 Comfort/Audio/Nav
Pearl White
14,795 miles
Runs good, starts first push of button.
Good tires
Clear title in my name

The Good:
Bike has the following add ons
Custom built Russell Day Long Saddle with heated seats. (250lb rider, 130lb passenger)
Highway pegs
Trunk Rack
Passenger Arm Rests
Bag liners for all cases
Carpet liners in all cases
Factory tool kit
MP3 player
Lighted bag trims
Baker Air Wings
Cup holders/Cups
Cigar lighter/power port in dash cubby

The Bad:

Chrome bolt on accessories (highway pegs, passenger arm rests, trunk rack) have light rust on them. Way to go Kuryakn and your crappy products. Bike is basically clean but needs a good detailing.
Divet on outside left side bag where wrong screw was used to reassemble bags.
Dash screen has a couple spots in display. (seen in odo pic below)

I have a cash offer from RumbleOn that I'm prepared to accept. Don't want to drag on a sale forever, but thought i'd post a few places and see if i can get a quick sale for a little better price. This post will only be up for a week or so, then I'm moving on.

Cash only, no checks, no money order, no holding for a month etc.

No test rides without displaying valid drivers license with endorsement and asking price cash deposit that will be immediately returned if you don't like bike and bring back in same condition it left in.

I would maybe consider a partial trade for a lightweight twin street bike. Think naked twin or something of that genre.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks like a great buy.

GLWS!

:)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems nice to me, honest presentation, priced about right. Not in the market but love the color.
Definitely don't want to mislead anyone into thinking this is a show room quality bike. I try to ride them more than wash them.

I'm definitely disappointed in the "chrome" quality of the accessories. While the bike didn't stay in a climate controlled environment, it lived in a covered shed. Never expected the chrome to rust like it has.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Fly and ride - 'nuf said!
Nope. Done that before for a car. It worked out OK, but things aren't always what they appear and expected. My policy now is I don't travel farther than four hours for things I'm looking at. Too much time and expense to rack up if it ends up being something I would pass on if I hadn't.
But, it will be a great deal for someone. Especially if they like the white ones.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm. Maybe I've overpriced based on condition of bike?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I paid more than that for mine. Same year, same color, same options, more mileage. I thought I got a good deal!

If this was available when I was looking, I would have done a fly and ride.

Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am interested, and I am not too far away. I also have a V-twin that I could trade similar to the ones you mention (but don't have to to make the deal work). It is a 2014 V-strom 650. I have a full set of aluminum Givi cases for it too if you are interested. (picture attached).

2008 Honda GL1800 Comfort/Audio/Nav
Pearl White
14,795 miles
Runs good, starts first push of button.
Good tires
Clear title in my name

The Good:
Bike has the following add ons
Custom built Russell Day Long Saddle with heated seats. (250lb rider, 130lb passenger)
Highway pegs
Trunk Rack
Passenger Arm Rests
Bag liners for all cases
Carpet liners in all cases
Factory tool kit
MP3 player
Lighted bag trims
Baker Air Wings
Cup holders/Cups
Cigar lighter/power port in dash cubby

The Bad:

Chrome bolt on accessories (highway pegs, passenger arm rests, trunk rack) have light rust on them. Way to go Kuryakn and your crappy products. Bike is basically clean but needs a good detailing.
Divet on outside left side bag where wrong screw was used to reassemble bags.
Dash screen has a couple spots in display. (seen in odo pic below)

I have a cash offer from RumbleOn that I'm prepared to accept. Don't want to drag on a sale forever, but thought i'd post a few places and see if i can get a quick sale for a little better price. This post will only be up for a week or so, then I'm moving on.

Cash only, no checks, no money order, no holding for a month etc.

No test rides without displaying valid drivers license with endorsement and asking price cash deposit that will be immediately returned if you don't like bike and bring back in same condition it left in.

I would maybe consider a partial trade for a lightweight twin street bike. Think naked twin or something of that genre.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got your message. Was wrapped up in watching football.

Good question though. Replacing the rusted accessories would go a long way to improving the look of the bike. That being said, it doesn't look like a complete garbage by any stretch.

Parts swapping and someone with the patience to do a thorough detail of the bike would go a long way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.