GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My trusty 08 Airbag GL1800 was killed by a red light runner 04 Jan. Oh, and he didn't have a driver's license.... grrrrr.
Insurance totaled the bike...my insurance company, that is.
On the bright side, I lived to tell about it, so...I have a few things to sell now, as I will likely be moving on to a 2018> GL, once I get my finances squared away.
1. All prices are "asking prices"--if you want to make a reasonable offer, feel free to pm/email me. Email is probably wiser, as "notifications" to post responses don't seem to work very well IME. (email: rich at rabidjackal dot com)
2. I will be taking some pics, hopefully this weekend, and asking the wife to host and post for me.

Pics of Hot Foot here: RJ - Parts

Still available:
--OEM 2003 screen (pre-vent) very good condition--$75
-Set of Traxxion forks, bought used about a year ago and never installed...and now they never will be. I figured they should be refreshed, so i bought the WingStuff rebuild kit ($125 IIRC) with all seals, bushings, hardware, etc., but did not install yet. So that stuff will go with the forks. Re-bush, re-seal, fresh oil (if you are local, I'll throw in the Honda oil too---probably better not to ship "just in case") and away you go. $700
--Tulsa Hot Foot foot warmers—work great in rain or cold. Especially with the foot warmer ducts on the 08 $35
--Electrical Connection Fog Light bulbs-- $25

SOLD PENDING FUNDS:
--Fred Harmon Service/Maintenance DVD set for 08-09 GL1800, with 20 DVDs. Perfect, viewed one or two of them once, $75.
--Several Chatterbox full face headsets, cords, etc. Two complete functional units plus one without a mic that I used every day for listening to the radio. $100 all.

SOLD:
--Spare rear wheel, with worn tire for free
--OEM windscreen, with vent
--Stock seat
--OEM Service Manual and ETM for 2008 GL1800, perfect shape
--Diamond plate belly pan
--Complete set of EBC brake padsl
--OEM air filter
--Set of stock pegs

Probably a few other odds and ends I will remember after I post this LOL
I am located just north of DFW airport, TX. My email is rich at rabidjackal dot com.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Can u send a pic or two of the Tulsa Foot Warmer thing? I can’t find pix on the inter web. I’m interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can u send a pic or two of the Tulsa Foot Warmer thing? I can’t find pix on the inter web. I’m interested. Thanks.
My trusty 08 Airbag GL1800 was killed by a red light runner 04 Jan. Oh, and he didn't have a driver's license.... grrrrr.
On the bright side, I lived to tell about it, so...I have a few things to sell now, as I will likely be moving on to a 2018> GL, once I get my finances squared away.
1. All prices are "asking prices"--if you want to make a reasonable offer, feel free to pm/email me. Email is probably wiser, as "notifications" to post responses don't seem to work very well IME. (email: rich at rabidjackal dot com)
2. I will be taking some pics, hopefully this weekend, and asking the wife to host and post for me.

All that said:
--OEM windscreen, with vent, removed when I bought the bike and stored in bubble wrap since. I'll have to dig it out of the attic, but it should be as close to perfect as it can be. $100
--Spare rear wheel, with worn tire for free :) $100
--Set of Traxxion forks, bought used about a year ago and never installed...and now they never will be. I figured they should be refreshed, so i bought the WingStuff rebuild kit ($125 IIRC) with all seals, bushings, hardware, etc., but did not install yet. So that stuff will go with the forks. Re-bush, re-seal, fresh oil (if you are local, I'll throw in the Honda oil too---probably better not to ship "just in case") and away you go. $700
--Stock seat, not heated, great shape. My GL had a heated seat that I used in the Winter, used this one in the Summer. Every Spring and Fall I would swap seats and the one coming off the bike got a Lexol treatment and was stored in a big garbage bag indoors for six months. Heated seat was on it when it was wrecked (being Winter) so the unheated one is available-- $100
--OEM Service Manual and ETM for 2008 GL1800, perfect shape, $75.
--Fred Harmon Service/Maintenance DVD set for 08-09 GL1800, with 20 DVDs. Perfect, viewed one or two of them once, $75.
--Diamond plate belly pan, $25
--Complete set of EBC brake pads, all three calipers, rears are the correct 2H (thicker pads) $75 all
--OEM air filter, in original packaging, never opened, $25
--Electrical Connection Fog Light bulbs--had the EC fog lights installed, bought a spare set of the halogen bulbs, still in original packaging $25/pair
--Complete windscreen height adjustment gizmo, modified to not lose the cam in accordance with a thread on this board. Bought it, modded it, never got to install it $25
--Several Chatterbox full face headsets, cords, etc. Two complete functional units plus one without a mic that I used every day for listening to the radio. $100 all.
--Set of stock pegs. Bought to replace my ground-down originals…again, never got to replace them $20
--Tulsa Hot Foot foot warmers—work great in rain or cold. Especially with the foot warmer ducts on the 08 $35

I am located just north of DFW airport, TX. My email is rich at rabidjackal dot com.
Rich sent an email on the Fred Harmon DVD + Chatterbox head sets
[email protected]
BLESSINGS, Terry :)-?)

·
Registered
596 Posts
This is what I was asking about...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Pics of Hot Foot and Belly Pan posted.
As of today:

Still available--
Traxxion Forks
Fog light bulbs
Tulsa Hot Foots
ADD--WINDSCREEN #2, OEM screen from my 2003. Good to Very Good condition, $75.

Sold--
Wind screen—Jeff P 02/27 @1011 shipped 03/01 Thank you!
Seat/Service manual/Air filter/Windscreen adjuster kit---Charles M delivered 03/04 Thank you!
Belly pan—David T 02/27 @ 0959 picked up 03/01 Thank you!
Stock pegs—Kenny L 02/28 @ 2019 shipped 03/02
Rear wheel--Eddie 03/06 picked up--thank you!
Brake pads--Eddie 03/06 picked up--thank you!

Sold pending funds--
Fred Harmon CD set/Headsets—Terry N 02/27 @ 2123 SPF

Thank you all, Rich

·
Registered
1 Posts

All that said:
--OEM windscreen, with vent, removed when I bought the bike and stored in bubble wrap since. I'll have to dig it out of the attic, but it should be as close to perfect as it can be. $100
--Spare rear wheel, with worn tire for free :) $100
--Set of Traxxion forks, bought used about a year ago and never installed...and now they never will be. I figured they should be refreshed, so i bought the WingStuff rebuild kit ($125 IIRC) with all seals, bushings, hardware, etc., but did not install yet. So that stuff will go with the forks. Re-bush, re-seal, fresh oil (if you are local, I'll throw in the Honda oil too---probably better not to ship "just in case") and away you go. $700
--Stock seat, not heated, great shape. My GL had a heated seat that I used in the Winter, used this one in the Summer. Every Spring and Fall I would swap seats and the one coming off the bike got a Lexol treatment and was stored in a big garbage bag indoors for six months. Heated seat was on it when it was wrecked (being Winter) so the unheated one is available-- $100
--OEM Service Manual and ETM for 2008 GL1800, perfect shape, $75.
--Diamond plate belly pan, $25
--Complete set of EBC brake pads, all three calipers, rears are the correct 2H (thicker pads) $75 all
--OEM air filter, in original packaging, never opened, $25
--Electrical Connection Fog Light bulbs--had the EC fog lights installed, bought a spare set of the halogen bulbs, still in original packaging $25/pair
--Complete windscreen height adjustment gizmo, modified to not lose the cam in accordance with a thread on this board. Bought it, modded it, never got to install it $25
--Set of stock pegs. Bought to replace my ground-down originals…again, never got to replace them $20

do you have the CB? also need a LF speaker cover

1 - 19 of 19 Posts