GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am missing my left and right side covers as of two days ago. This would be the cover over battery on left side and comparable cover on right side, for lack of a better term.

Are there any other side cover options, than tradional covers. Hate to pay $140 bucks each plus grommets. Would like a different look too than the chrome plastic covers of possible. Been searching websites but have not found anything other than normal parts.

Wife and I went for first ride of the year on Thursday, was 82 degrees, beautiful day. Stopped along Mississippi River for a burger and cold beverage. Five weeks since full knee replacement and just had to ride. No pain or problems was a bit stiff getting off bike but all was good.

Came out of the bar, and noticed covers were gone. Only saw HD parked around. Ugh, didn't think there were any GWing crooks out there.

I would appreciate any alternate ideas to replace covers.

thanks WisRedrider

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Sorry to hear someone got you like that. I may be wrong, but I think your options for replacements are limited as far as aftermarket. It's pretty much OEM or nothing. You could find a good used set and have them painted another more non descript color. Also, you may consider attaching some steel fishing leader lanyards to them, making them at least a bit more theft resistant.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well that's an eye opener. I didn't think there were any GW crooks out there either. Did you have a look around to see if they were thrown in the weeds ?

Sorry for what happened,

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
2008 Goldwing L & R Side Covers

I bought some of the aftermarket China knock offs from eBay for my then 2007. My advice would be don’t do they as they were junk and wouldn’t fit properly. OEM is the way to go even though they are crazy expensive. Hope this helps somewhat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,363 Posts
I am missing my left and right side covers as of two days ago. This would be the cover over battery on left side and comparable cover on right side, for lack of a better term.

Are there any other side cover options, than tradional covers. Hate to pay $140 bucks each plus grommets. Would like a different look too than the chrome plastic covers of possible. Been searching websites but have not found anything other than normal parts.

Wife and I went for first ride of the year on Thursday, was 82 degrees, beautiful day. Stopped along Mississippi River for a burger and cold beverage. Five weeks since full knee replacement and just had to ride. No pain or problems was a bit stiff getting off bike but all was good.

Came out of the bar, and noticed covers were gone. Only saw HD parked around. Ugh, didn't think there were any GWing crooks out there.

I would appreciate any alternate ideas to replace covers.

thanks WisRedrider
The chrome engine cover doesn’t cover the battery. Which covers were stolen? The side cover that hides the battery is painted to match the bike and has GOLDWING on it and has no aftermarket replacements. They run $191 each and are ordered by bike color. If the chrome engine covers are the missing ones, there’s lots of aftermarket versions on Amazon. Just search for “gl1800 engine covers”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts