GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,897 Posts
Better to have a good even flow of selling, you don't lose much when s*%t hits the fan... that and depenable product, people will come back... flash in pan sales are huge but when the novelty wears off sales plummet....turtle and rabbit???

Matt(BCNV) ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would imagine that most of the 14,248 Honda Touring Units that are listed are Gold Wings.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
It still kills me about the BMW & Ducatti sales. I am no fan of them, especially the Ducatti, yet they always get a full model review every Month in my motorcycle magazines. They both have less than 2% of the market, yet get 25% or more coverage in the magazines. Even MC Consumer news which doesn't take advertisement money. Bribes or what?

Herb

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Based on those statistics, I would say that Harley Davidson will be around for at least another 100 years.

·
Registered
19,239 Posts
Looks like Harley sell the most bikes

·
Registered
333 Posts
You guys forget that those numbers only represent sales in the USA. Worldwide numbers would most likely see BMW and Ducati have much more market share. Also, H-D barely sells any bikes outside the USA...

Please do remember that there are other countries on Earth besides the USA.

V.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
...Also, H-D barely sells any bikes outside the USA...
You might have a different perspective then most...one third of HD sales are international and that's even with China's heavy restrictions on HD sales.

AFP - Washington..."The Chinese market should be a hog heaven for US motorcycle companies, but China's unfair trade practices are slamming the brakes on Harley sales," said Senator Charles Schumer.

Harley-Davidson sales in China are virtually non-existent due to municipal regulations.

The rules reflect "arbitrary, non-tariff barriers" erected by China that have the effect of unfairly limiting access to the vast market, they said, adding that such action called into question Beijing's compliance with its obligations as a member of the World Trade Organization.

"Fair trade must be a two-way street," said Senator Robert Casey. "China's roadblock to Harley-Davidson is unacceptable. There will always be a demand for a classic like Harley-Davidson motorcycles..."

"As we import billions of dollars worth of Chinese products each year, American companies like Harley-Davidson deserve fair access to Chinese markets," said Senator Claire McCaskill.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
bike sales

Did you notice that each set of numbers uses the word "estimate".
So how accurate are these numbers?

Also with numbers relating to touring bikes:

Honda 14,248
Kawi 12,357
Yam 2,106

Could someone tell me what model Kawi sells 12,357 touring bikes?
If they include their Vulcan, why are Yamaha's numbers not much higher with their similar models.

Does Honda include ST in touring models? If so, does appears Yamaha does not include FJ.

·
Trained Killer Member
1,533 Posts
If they include their Vulcan, why are Yamaha's numbers not much higher with their similar models.
When I traded my 05 Vulcan 1600 Classic for my 07 Wing in Feb '07, I never considered it anything but a cruiser. Certainly didn't fit the category of a touring bike (no windshield, saddlebags, etc...) :shrug::shrug::shrug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts