There is actually more to it than that...............If its not an 09 its already a year old.:roll::roll:
IMHO get the 2009 model................worth the extra $$I am just a few days away from ordering my new Goldwing, and as all of you already know, I'm so excited that I can't hardly sleep at night, or work during the day, because all I do is think about the Goldwing! lol
Anyway, I'm just hoping to get a little input from some of you that have already taken the plunge. Can you give me the pro's and con's of the two bikes. Which way should I go? The obvious thing that is involved here, is that depending on which way I go, will narrow down the color options.
If I go with the 08, I think I will choose the "Pearl White", if I go with the 09, I'm leaning towards the "Titaneum".
All help appreciated, and I look forward to reading your replies.
Pauls Valley, OK
Can you confirm the items in bold are not exactly the same as 2008? Everything I've read indicates aside from the radio/GPS update the rest of the MC is identical between 08 and 09.IMHO get the 2009 model................worth the extra $$
I bought an '09 ABS on Nov 1st (sold my '01)...........I was on the fence about purchasing an '08 back in September and decided to wait to see the '09's. I'm very glad I waited.........Personally I would of been disappointed with an '08 when comparing the two.
Vastly improved NT based GPS system......much better than previous versions
Integrated XM weather
Integrated XM traffic
TPMS system with metal valve stems
Cruise control lag fixed
Alternator whine fixed (at least never heard anyone with an '09 say they have the issue the last few years have had)
Headlights perfectly aimed even
Saddlebags/trunk latches much more robust (this may have been improved on prior years)
Higher capacity battery (20AH)
?? probably other minor fixes/upgrades yet to be discovered
Better color - Candy Black Cherry :wink:
I'm glad I waited for an '09.............but the choice is yours and only you need to be happy about what you decide.
Good luck on whatever you choose.
Can you confirm the items in bold are not exactly the same as 2008? Everything I've read indicates aside from the radio/GPS update the rest of the MC is identical between 08 and 09.
Thanks, that confirms what I've discovered.
The '08 and '09 are virtually identical except for the TPMS, GPS, XM integration, and available colors.
- Accurate speedo! - All the '09 owners I have heard from have indicated that the speedo is accurate.
- Cruise control lag fixed - I have heard from some '09 owners that their bike still has the lag. This isn't unusual as previous model year owners are mixed in their reports of cruise control lag. Some bikes have it and others don't.
- Alternator whine fixed (at least never heard anyone with an '09 say they have the issue the last few years have had) - Maybe compared to the really early 1800s the Alt is more quiet but I noticed zero difference between an '07 and my '09.
- Headlights perfectly aimed even - The '09 headlights are actually a bit low for my liking. This is an easily adjustable item. I wouldn't factor it into my decision on choosing an '09 over an '08.
- Saddlebags/trunk latches much more robust (this may have been improved on prior years) - Any '08 you buy should already have SB15 already applied. This will make the '08 identical to the '09 in this reguard.
- Higher capacity battery (20AH) - The '09 service manual does list a few little differences in the electrical specs between the '09 and earlier models. I'm not sure on what it means or if it is better but there are some slight differences in this area.
- ?? probably other minor fixes/upgrades yet to be discovered - Honda continually tweaks the bike from model year to model year. This is not unlike any other vehicle they make. Some tweaks may be for the better....others maybe not so much. Most are so minor as to not warrant any mention in the service manual or vehicle specs.