GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was fueling up tonight turned steering wheel to right bike fell over looking for mirror dark red metallic makes me sick Thanks

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Uggggggggggggggggggggg! I'm also feeling sorry for you :crying::crying::crying:

We've (or many of us) have all dropped our bikes one way or another.....BUT I thought the crash bars would protect the mirrors :frown2:

Ronnie

Reactions: Wild Turkey

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me to but not this time it broke mirror but that is all it done still makes me sick

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Was the bike on the side or full stand when this occurred?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On side stand I noticed when I put it down it was leaning a little so before I started pumping gas I turned forks to right that's when it happened. It was my fault entirely I even thought about moving but didn't no one to blame but myself.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Do you need the housing and glass?

Over the years, I acquired both Left and Right mirror housings here for sale. The color is not a match. I should be able to match the color as I do auto painting as a hobby from time to time. But in worst case I figure I can paint them both Black.
That may be an option for you if a color match is not available.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't had a chance to check it out we left to go on vacation the next day. I am pretty sure I will need both the housing is pretty loose.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Just thinking, did you notice anything broken or cracked. Or is it you noticed that the mirror has it moved forward or back out of the normal position?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The mirror is broken on left hand side also housing is loose thinking I am going to need both

1 - 12 of 12 Posts