GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOLD FOR $11700 FYI FOR OTHER SELLERS, SOLD ON CYCLETRADER IN 5 DAYS!!! COST FOR ADD $60.00

2008 Honda Gold Wing 1800, Titanium Silver Honda GoldWing, Premium Sound, GPS, Upgraded Traxion/ Progressive Suspension, Excellent Condition

Just Serviced $12499.00 or OBO Mileage 41924 Highway Riding

Titanium Silver Wing well maintained since new, Complete service records available, Always Garaged since New, Excellent Condition,GPS, Premium Audio, Driving Lights adjustable rear suspension, Headlight Adjuster, Vented Windshield. Only Synthetic Honda Oil & Filters & Fluids, Honda Brake Pads, Honda Air Filter and NKG Spark Plugs used, Upgraded Front Progressive & Traxion Rear Suspension Shocks, Radial Tire are Very Good with +75% tread remaining Recent service new air filter, brake flush, pads 10,000 miles ago. Anti-Freeze last fall with spark plug change & rear end oil. Everything works as it should No accidents, no drops, kept on Battery Tender and covered at all times.
Extras include:

GPS,
Carbon Fiber Dash.
Driver Backrest with storage pouch,
Luggage Rack,
Power Plug for accessories
Superbrace Billeted Fork Brace, Progressive Front Spring Kit, Traxion Rear Shock with 1000 pound Spring,
Highway Peg with 6" extensions
Heel Toe Transmission Shifter,
Chrome Wide Kickstand,
6000K Driving Lights,
Tire pressure monitors,
Luggage Rack,
Kuryakyn Comfort Grips,
Driver Drink Holder,
New Battery 8 months comes with Battery Tender Trickle Charger, Honda Tool Kit, GL1800 Service Shop Manual,
2Keys with 1 FOB Owners manual

The bike has always been garaged except when on trips, There are a couple of minor scratches on the mirrors, , window shield is in very good condition, the overall condition of the bike is a +9 out of 10. Mileage 41925 Highway miles, email me for more pictures [email protected]

Everything works great,ready to ride anywhere. Clear Title In Hand,

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very nice Goldwing. How many miles on her? Hard to tell the condition of the tires too. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
interesting, I've come to the same conclusion

This is interesting. I put my super 08 here, with ALL accessories thrown in (about 5K) and no interest. while i did not want to take the time to remove all these things, Just One example is the Ultimate seat. Throwing that in, vs. a guy selling on here for a bargain at 1,000.

I've concluded MOST people here HAVE a nice bike and have come here to learn how to maintain or jazz them up. Not that many actual buyers as they mostly have nice bikes.

So I'm pulling my bike, spend a little time taking a lot of the goodies off, and re-list on Cycle Trader. Probably get the same price and I'll have all the expensive accessories to sell elsewhere.

thanks for the confirmation of what I've been thinking.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CycleTrade and Ebay Selling

This is interesting. I put my super 08 here, with ALL accessories thrown in (about 5K) and no interest. while i did not want to take the time to remove all these things, Just One example is the Ultimate seat. Throwing that in, vs. a guy selling on here for a bargain at 1,000.

I've concluded MOST people here HAVE a nice bike and have come here to learn how to maintain or jazz them up. Not that many actual buyers as they mostly have nice bikes.

So I'm pulling my bike, spend a little time taking a lot of the goodies off, and re-list on Cycle Trader. Probably get the same price and I'll have all the expensive accessories to sell elsewhere.

thanks for the confirmation of what I've been thinking.
I just wanted to share with sellers, IMO this is forum is not a great place to sell your bike, My 08 had a lot of add ons that I left but I did take few accessories to sell seperately. Bike was in excellent condition and I still wanted to offer a good value for the buyer so I left a lot on still so it was a good deal for the buyers, First buyer who came bought it.. If it is attached chrome, trailer hitch etc.. custom seat then its worth keeping and selling them to add to the amount you will get for the overall sale... Goldwings are very good value, what other bike can you buy for touring that us as reliable and comfortable as a GW, not many... I also listed it on eBay and in 24 hours I had 279 views and 10 watchers, Cycletrader cost me $60.00 for their deluxe package and the bike only had 3 enquiries but the 3rd one was a local man who was able to see the quality I was offering and bought it, you can also use eBay which is free but on eBay if you sell then you have to pay them a $125 fee.. Good luck with your sale, I am sure you will get a much better result by marketing the bike on the 2 sites I suggested. PS if there is anything weird you have added like decals that take it away from the normal GW you may want to remove them too... IMHO

God Bless and Ride Safe :thumbup:

Stewart TwoWheelonly

·
Registered
951 Posts
I bought my 08 from a member here 2 years ago, flew from San Diego to NH and had a great 9,000 mile trip back in 10 weeks time. Fly and ride, the only way to go.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought my 08 from a member here 2 years ago, flew from San Diego to NH and had a great 9,000 mile trip back in 10 weeks time. Fly and ride, the only way to go.
Definately if your looking for a deal this can be a good place to look, however if you end up spending several thousand $$$ on suspension, seats, windowshields etc...this is not the place to sell your bike unless you aren't concerned about $$$$

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
you are right, but I have purchased all my GW's here

Apparently things have changed, as I have purchased all my GW's here and did fly and rides.

But I guess things have changed. I thought the folks here would be THE most appreciative of the extras and their value. But I'm pulling down the ads now, and will just get removeable things removed and sell them elsewhere.

thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think the buyers on this forum are more concerning than the avg. person that looks at cycletrader or craigslist. The enthusiasts on this forum know the different years/options/problems and adjust their focus as such. The OP's bike was an excellent buy at 11,700. It just wasn't offered here for that. Some of the seller's on here think they are going to get high $$$ for their prize possession. I've been keeping my eye on this bike, and others around the same yr/mi/condition and will be upgrading... one of these days. :popcorn:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts