GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Gosh....not sure I like that :cry: Different, though....

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
It really does not look anymore "spacey" then the 1800 did when it first came out.

I hope the suspension system lasts longer on these. :wink: :wink:

Ross

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I appears to have an electically adjusted windshield and a low seat height. I'll have to see one in person to decide on the styling. Sometimes things look better in person than in pictures.

Andy

·
Registered
76 Posts
RE: Victory

Looks more like a sport tour than a full blown tourer. Interesting, but it is still a v-twin and sounds like a Harley.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It's nice to see a forward looking design from an american company.
Now all they need is a modern engine instead of a Harley-replica air cooled duece.

I see some styling cues taken from the wing. Nice try Victory, but I'll keep my Goldwing.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'm at work right now... but saw the unveiling of the bikes yesterday at the NYC bike show. Big dog & pony show right as the show opened at 2PM. Richard & Kyle Petty were there... lots of fanfare

I sat on it... feels pretty good, but it's a tad too radical for my taste.

I took some pictures of it with my camera phone. I'll try to post them when I get home.

Tom

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Wow! They did a good job of hiding the speakers. I can't even
find the intercom plug-ins. Slick stuff.

Shirley ( :wink: ) the trunk will fit 2 full sized full faced helmets, and
the saddle bags will hold 1 full faced helmet, right? I mean if you want
a better tourer then the competition, storage is one of the top 5 items
to address, IMHO.

Herb

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Think alen ness had imput to the design, looks like his fingerprints all over it.

Passenger seat looks comfy. Bikes look better in person than they do in pics. I'd like to see on in person.

Mike

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
fuel injected, belt drive. Low seat, 6 gallon tank.

Front looks similar to the honda ST and the back beemer's LT. I wonder if it will be top heavy like yammy's tourer.
Mike

·
Registered
964 Posts
g1nomad said:
... I can't even find the intercom plug-ins. Slick stuff....
Bluetooth or something like it I'd guess. Wireless is on it's way, it's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Styling and vtwin do not appeal to me. Dig through the site and you find the electric windscreen is OPTIONAL. A lot of specifications not yet released.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,740 Posts
I don't quite understand why so many are putting down a belt drive. Drive belts last 75000 miles or more, only require a small adjustment every 10,000 miles or so, are quiet and clean and are much lighter and more efficient than are shaft drives...not to mention shaft drives are just plain ugly on any V twin.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just got back from the NYC bike show its is some bike it comes with chrome wheels,power windshield is standard,xm radio is build inthe only thing extra would be a cd player.. i was talkng to the man who was in all the R&D for the last three years....he would not tell me how big the motor is an there is no price out yet be was told it would be the same as a goldwing or BMWsize=24][/size]

1 - 20 of 42 Posts