GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wanted to wait on a couple trips with my new Aspen Classic trailer before I reported on it. I inquired information about the trailer in February on this board. So if interested read on.

Transaction:
Ordered the trailer from Trailmasters with the Winter promotion at the end of February.
The whole transaction was professional and as advertised.
The trailer shipped on the agreed date, end of March and I received it just a couple days later. The freight setup was incredible and worth the extra charge. I picked up the trailer at a local shipping dock in Phoenix.
All accessories were included and not a scratch on the trailer.
Quality, fit and finish is superb.

Use:
First time setup took over an hour...got to do it right. Tear down about an hour.
Second time use took both setup and tear down about 20 minutes each. Camped at Usery Park in Mesa over Easter. It was cold and rainy on the outside but dry and warm on the inside. Little heater helps.
Third time use about 15 minutes and this morning to clean it up from this last weekend's campout took about 5 minutes to setup.
Pulls very easy and my 300 mile trip this last weekend weekend I pulled it at 65 mph and got 33 mpg. I could have easily cruised at 75 put was traveling with a friend who was pulling a Roadman camper with their Harley and was limited on speed.
More sleeping space and cargo space than I will ever need pulling it with a motorcycle. I do plan to use the trailer on family campouts and pull it with the cage.
Amazing the attention it got from other bikers at the Yuma Prison Run we attended this last weekend. Great ministry tool.

So I am thrilled to report that it was a fantastic experience purchasing the Aspen Classic both in product and in dealing with the folks at Trailmasters. I've seen a lot of great campers out there and I believe they are all good. If this camper has what you need, you won't be disappointed with the experience.

·
Canuck
2,824 Posts
Bought a pristine 2004 Aspen Classic last summer. Agree with everything you said. Great camper, pulls effortlessly, lots of room, huge king-size bed. Couldn't be happier.

B

·
0 Posts
Michael:

What, a report without pictures? We need pictures, pictures, pictures! Glad to here you found a good company to buy your camper from, but must have pctures... ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Nice looking rig! Yours was the nicest ride there. Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. That was the first time I've seen 5 people on a motorcycle. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Picking up my Aspen Classic April 26th

Hi Michael, Great Post! I have a new Aspen Classic ordered and will be picking it up in Wood Dale Il. at the Open House this Sunday April 26th. After looking at many many motorcycle campers on the market I think that Aspen has the best trailer period. I got a great deal because they had a Spring Sale still on. I can't wait to get it on the road. www.trailmasterinc.com

·
Registered
137 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is happy with their trailer,we ordered a ambassador and can not wait to get it,they worked it out with me for a pickup whenever i get our kawasaki voyager sold,anyone out there know someone looking for a nice bike ? Its a 2000 and loaded we will let it go for 5000 as i said i am hoping to sell soon so we can get our new camper. Thanks joe

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Michael, Great Post! I have a new Aspen Classic ordered and will be picking it up in Wood Dale Il. at the Open House this Sunday April 26th. After looking at many many motorcycle campers on the market I think that Aspen has the best trailer period. I got a great deal because they had a Spring Sale still on. I can't wait to get it on the road. www.trailmasterinc.com
:agree: We'll be picking ours up on Sunday also. Can't wait!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts