GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 09 in titanium and my dealer told me Honda changed the titanium in 09 from the previous titanium. Has anyone compared an 09 to an earlier model to see if this is correct? This would mean the color matched helmets and so forth would be a different color too. Need to know....

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
09 Titanium is darker than the 04,06,08 titanium,it's called Metallic Titanium. Only you can decide if the helmets clash or match up ok. I'll bet for the price of new ones they look ok:lol:.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I bought an 09 in titanium and my dealer told me Honda changed the titanium in 09 from the previous titanium. Has anyone compared an 09 to an earlier model to see if this is correct? This would mean the color matched helmets and so forth would be a different color too. Need to know....
Congrats on the '09!
How about some pictures of the Titanium 2009?
I saw one but it was from a distance...........would be nice to see a few pictures. All the rest of the '09 colors have been shown on the forum.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The 2009 Titanium is darker (more brown) than he previous years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, I agree it is darker. I do not have any problems with the shade difference but you are the one that needs to decide.

Dennis:roll:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's my new horse in the stable.....you can see how much darker the 09 wing is next to my 03 ST1300. I figured the earlier titanium wings were about that color?

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
The 09 looks more gray than brown.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rode up to Sierra Electronics this week to buy a new helmet, and they told me my 09 color was actually called "Mesquite Brown". Don't know where they got that information, but that's what Jeff told me. Nice folks by the way.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I rode up to Sierra Electronics this week to buy a new helmet, and they told me my 09 color was actually called "Mesquite Brown". Don't know where they got that information, but that's what Jeff told me. Nice folks by the way.
The shipping creat says it's brown too. But like all the other years there is at lest 4 names for the same color.

R

·
0 Posts
I wonder how many millions of dollars it cost Honda to change those colors ever so slightly.

Microsoft spent millions just figuring out what they wanted for a startup tune for the windows program and I bet they do that for every so called upgrade too.:shrug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts