GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I notice they are all in the east. hmmm;)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Two of the worst motels that come to mind on my travels on the Wing are

1. Super 8 in Douglas wyoming. The absolute pit!

2. I can't remember the name but it was a family run dump in
Cody Wyoming on the left heading into town just up the road from
the rodeo.

I won't go into specifics because I know some of you have a weak stomach.:22yikes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dirtiest Hotels

I have personal experience with #10 on the list. It is a miserable place. After checking in, swapping rooms and finally leaving, management would not refund my money. It took a while but I finally received credit.

·
Registered
661 Posts
There is a Day's Inn just east of Chatanooga Tenn.

I swear they must have just taken down the "POLICE" tape.....Yuck

I had been in Birmingham at Barber Motorsports and was heading for the

BRP when I got tired and felt the need to rest.....EGAD!!!:-(

Lesson Learned,:roll:

My vacation days are far to few to spend in a Dump .......Don

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
I have seen, from the outside, some Motels/Hotels along Boulder Highway near Downtown Vegas that would most likley make those on that list seem like 5 Star Resorts.....

Matt(BCNV) :doorag:

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you have doubts it's allways a good idea to ask to see the room first.

These kind of online hotel reviews are great, though. I use them when making reservtions at a place I havn't stayed at before.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Obviously, they have not seen some of the lower Mexico flop=houses.

Thats where the bathroom is a bucket in the closet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Howard Johnson in Durham, NC. Disgusting. I remember taking off shoes when I got there and within minutes my socks were sticking to the bottoms of my feet. I sat down and saw that my white socks were now BLACK after walking on the carpet. The TV was half green, half red, toilet broken, ceiling missing from leaking water, etc, etc, etc. TERRIBLE!

I almost went out to sleep in my rental car. I was there traveling on business and couldn't leave because others were traveling with me. I didn't make the reservation and was stuck!

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Wonder how many of these places Polecat has stayed in? Would be interested in his opinion. ;)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
And people wonder why I choose to pull my Aspen Classic camper:doorag:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Wow, good post.

Days Inn had 3 of the top (or is that bottom) 10. That's something to consider when choosing a bed on the roadside.
I've stayed at a lot of Day's Inns, including the east and south, and have never had a bad experience...yet. :shrug:

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have seen, from the outside, some Motels/Hotels along Boulder Highway near Downtown Vegas that would most likley make those on that list seem like 5 Star Resorts.....

Matt(BCNV) :doorag:
Matt, I figured all those places would be gone by now! I lived in Vegas for 24 years but moved up here in '95. I can still remember my first view of Vegas at night after coming over the dam and through B.C. I had to stop on the side of the road it was so breath taking! Rode down for a visit in September and ALL of Vegas seemed to have deteriorated. Even with all the new stuff and homes, etc. the sheer tackiness of it all made it way worse than it used to be. I guess Boulder City is STILL the best place to live. The way Nevada is supposed to be. Do they still have the dummy cop car in the median by the airport? :doorag: Have they finished that bridge across the dam?

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Matt, I figured all those places would be gone by now! I lived in Vegas for 24 years but moved up here in '95. I can still remember my first view of Vegas at night after coming over the dam and through B.C. I had to stop on the side of the road it was so breath taking! Rode down for a visit in September and ALL of Vegas seemed to have deteriorated. Even with all the new stuff and homes, etc. the sheer tackiness of it all made it way worse than it used to be. I guess Boulder City is STILL the best place to live. The way Nevada is supposed to be. Do they still have the dummy cop car in the median by the airport? :doorag: Have they finished that bridge across the dam?
The Bridge is NOT finished, it is the same, 'span' wise as it was a year ago... they have all the 'dummys' driving the cars now!! Take it easy just kidding guys... there are at least 10 -12 traffic cops on each shift here ... don't speed through the city, they WILL pull you over..

Matt(BCNV) :cool:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Almost all of our trailer parks are filled with people from the east. Imagine that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts