GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 10 years my batteries are dead in the wheels and the TPMS light is stuck on. The tires have a lot of life in them so I will not be pulling them off soon and don't want to risk taking them off and putting them back on just to change the batteries. I've ordered the the wire harness to disable the light as recommended by others.

My question is, are there any aftermarket TPMS systems that will work with the stock valve stems without risk of damage. I plan on putting everything back to oem once I put in new batteries.

Thanks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am using the Tire Guard TPMS from Show Chrome on my Honda TPMS valve stems. They have been on for a few years and about 15K miles. They are working fine. I plan on putting the T valve stems on when I change out tires next time. I have also disabled the Honda TPMS as I have a CT on the back. I got tired of the Honda system flashing all the time until the rear tire warmed up enough.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
FredH knows how to replace the batteries in the sensors for a whole lot less than new sensors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For what it's worth, I did the FR and RR on my '09 last year. Bought replacement batts on-line and replaced them using Fred's instructions. Did not remove the tires from the wheels. Just broke the bead loose on one side and pushed the tire bead down so I could remove the valve stem/TPMS unit. Didn't seem all that difficult. If you do it, just take your time and pay attention to the seals in the valve stems.

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts
After 10 years my batteries are dead in the wheels and the TPMS light is stuck on. The tires have a lot of life in them so I will not be pulling them off soon and don't want to risk taking them off and putting them back on just to change the batteries. I've ordered the the wire harness to disable the light as recommended by others.

My question is, are there any aftermarket TPMS systems that will work with the stock valve stems without risk of damage. I plan on putting everything back to oem once I put in new batteries.

Thanks.
Here is the way most turn the TMPS system off. No wire harness needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here is the way most turn the TMPS system off. No wire harness needed.

I also have a 2009, had the dealer put on new tires yesterday. first time the TPMS light has been off in 5 years.
Can't wait until Tuesday to ask them what they did ????
Sure wish 10 years ago I'd have bought the 2008 in the showroom instead !!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts

Thanks.
I use the FOBO system! Bluetooth to your Phone! I’ve used for 3 years, Works Great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts