GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There comes a time in life when things don’t go as planned and there is little to nothing you can do about it. Some things have come up that will have me off the bike/trike for a while so….up for sale is:

MY 2010 GL1800 w/2016 Goldsmith trike conversion. Audio, comfort, navigation and CB with a 2012 Bushtec Turbo +2 trailer. Currently has 27,335 miles. If we do not sell by June/July we may take it on a trip up to North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia. So, mileage may go up.

Asking $24,500, clear title on trike, Florida does not actually issue a “title” for the trailer, but it is registered. I would like to sell as a unit and the price reflects that. I would consider selling separately if a buyer for the trike does not want the trailer. I’m sure in that situation I could find a buyer for the trailer, or….someone could buy both and sell the trailer.

Trike color is Caliente Red, I bought the trailer used and it is painted to match a 2012 Harley touring bike. It looks red and black but the black is actually a deep, deep red. I think the colors are "Ember Red Sunglow? and "Merlot Sunglow". You gotta admit, the color looks fairly close and that big red combo attracts a lot of attention going down the road. You meet a lot of people at your stops.

Mods/upgrades to the trike that are included with the sale:
1. All LED light upgrades from SO-Cal motogear, consisting of, G18PK (GL1800 rear LED conversion package), G18H7P (GL1800 LED headlight kit, high and low beam, with the Kisan Pathblazer P115W-D Modulator on the high beam), GL18FG (GL1800 Fog light kit w/hardware and switch), G18DT (GL1800 dynamic sequential LED turn signal kit, These are really neat, adding a sequential flash to the turn signals). I have all the old bulbs and turn signal units which will go with the trike
2. Kuryakyn Hand grips w/end weights.
3. Kuryakyn Passenger foot rests (originals will be included)
4. Kuryakyn Passenger armrests
5. Kuryakyn Riders footrests w/heel-toe shifter (not installed but included in sale)
6. Kuryakyn Riders foot pegs (only in one pic, I forgot to install after cleaning, until I noticed they weren’t in the pics.
7. Roadsmith front wheel (original included in sale)
8. Centramatic balancers on front wheel
9. Honda front fender extension
10. Windwings mirror wings
11. Windwings knee/foot wings ( I do not have the side wings, I could not bring myself to drill holes to install them)
12. Mic-mutes intercom muting system with passenger push button on bottom of left passenger glove box.
13. Chrome front rotor covers (not installed but included in sale)
14. Clearview windshield. The original had some blemishes that I could not get out and could not get use to looking at them. The
clearview is about 1 ½ inches wider and 2 inches taller. The original is included with the sale.
15. Handlebar risers. I do not remember the name of them. They raise the bars about ½ to 1 inch and bring them back about 1 ½
inches. Yep, I’m short with short arms. I also like that these risers have some adjustment in the angle of the bars.
16. Installed some “bumpers” to keep the trunk lid tight. I don’t remember the names of these, bought them from Greg at Just Wings. They have an installation bracket and are adjustable. You can see them in the picture of the trunk.
17. Windshield cover from Windstuff
18. Half cover from Kuryakyn with extra protection where the cover is over the antenna mounts. Saw it coming through on a trip
so the wife added some old ironing board material. Very strong now.
19. GPS updated to the latest 2020.1 I have a Garmin Zumo 550 and use the method that most people use to keep the GPS updated, with a 4GB card.
20. I bought a second key fob and programmed that. Also, made a radio knob key to use on gas door and right glove box.

Info about the Bushtec Trailer:
1. I’m not sure of the mileage on the trailer. I bought it used but it had the original tires. I’ve put about 18,500 on it. Last trip was 7500 miles and had no issues at all, other than changed the tires at about 6500 on the trip.
2. On the last trip I picked up a couple of chips (see in pic) on the left side.
3. On the last trip the tires started to wear, to the point I wasn’t comfortable doing the last 1000 miles, so had new tires and tubes sent to me in Little Rock. Had them mounted and used precision balance beads for balancing. Worked great. So the new tires have about 1000 miles on them.
4. I’ve kept up on the before, during and after trip maintenance. When stored I let the pressure out of the shocks and always air them up before starting a trip. It tows really great.
5. Updated the lights on the rear of the trailer with Bushtec LED lights.
6. I have a spare wheel w/tire that is included
7. Air pump to adjust shock pressure. It’s a Harley brand but works well.
8. Wiring kit on the trike is the one from Bushtec. Easy to install and works great. I have the male and female weather caps to use when the trailer is not connected to the trike.

So..I think I’ve covered everything that goes with the trike and trailer. I do have all the books/manuals and the wrench to adjust the shocks on the trailer. About that….when riding around just me and the wife we have it on the lowest or first setting. When pulling the trailer, or going through some twisties, I adjust the shocks to the third or fourth setting. This Roadsmith conversion has done away with the stock pre-load adjustment (that shock is gone). The TPMS is also disabled with the Roadsmith conversion. Everything else on the trike works. It has the XM/Sirius radio and we used that almost exclusively on the 7500 mile trip. Used the weather function and was able to navigate around what little rain there was. Only day of rain we had was leaving Florida. Hit the rain at Marianna and came out of it in Mobile. Sorry, off topic here.

I bought this trike, from KD Cycles in Altoona Alabama, in September 2017, and immediately took it to Just Wings, in Zephyrhills, FL, to have Greg perform a complete inspection on the bike and replace all fluids, air filter, spark plugs and whatever else he thought it needed. He declared it ready for the road, so off we went. We completed a 7500 mile trip, out west, last year and have not ridden much the last six months. It was over 27000, so I took it back to Greg and he completed a 12K/28K service. Just about everything except the coolant and spark plugs. Again, it’s ready to go. Greg is meticulous and I like how he does business. I think the next service will be at 32K and will include the valve adjustment/shimming. I would highly recommend Just Wings, if someone in Florida purchases it.

Oh, almost forgot. While on the long trip, going through Arlington, TX, the alternator quit, just quit!! With less than 25000 miles!! I managed to get it to a local Honda shop, but they were unable to get me an OEM alternator in a reasonable time frame, so they put an after market one on it. It lasted about 1500 – 2000 miles and was making so much noise I was afraid it would leave us stranded. I started searching and found Jorgensen’s Honda in Richfield, UT. They were able to get the alternator, replace it and have me on my way, in just over 24 hours. I called them while enroute and they ordered the alternator ahead of time. If you have never been to that place, they have a bowling alley and gun shop and only charge $65 an hour for labor. They work on just about any motorsport vehicle and motor homes! Highly recommend them. (I have the old alternator and you can have it also)

I would say that everything that goes in the sale would fit in the trailer, but the box for the OEM windshield and the OEM wheel are rather large. If those are taken out of the boxes, it will all fit.

I will consider delivery within 100 to 200 miles of Mount Dora Florida.

More pics in next post!

If you have specific questions, want other pictures or want to come look at it, please send me a message.

Sid Hopkins

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Was just wondering about you 2. Have not seen you or Dora in awhile.

Good luck on issue and sale.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you had only been a year earlier.

Nice ride.

Barney
This time last year we were gearing up for our West States trip. Bought this one thinking we would do a lot of those, but won't work out that way. I'm really hoping to get it to someone that will ride it like we had intended to.

Thanks,
Sid

Reactions: Barney Biker 1

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was just wondering about you 2. Have not seen you or Dora on awhile.

Good luck on issue and sale.

Thanks Mike! May just show up at one of the RTEs, in a car!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Weekly Bump TTT

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weekly bump TTT, and drop the price to $23,500 !!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Weekly bump TTT.
Offers?
Anyone interested in just the trike?
Someone is interested in the trailer.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sid and Dora, here is your weekly bump.

This is a great, well cared for trike that is ready to tour the country and is barely broke in. If you bought a new wing and had it triked with the Roadsmith and added the trailer it would cost double what is being asked for this set up.

Miss seeing you two at the RTE's. No problem showing up in the cage as many do. Good luck on your sale.

Bill

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sid and Dora, here is your weekly bump.

This is a great, well cared for trike that is ready to tour the country and is barely broke in. If you bought a new wing and had it triked with the Roadsmith and added the trailer it would cost double what is being asked for this set up.

Miss seeing you two at the RTE's. No problem showing up in the cage as many do. Good luck on your sale.

Bill
Thanks Bill!!

I'm sure it will eventually sell.
I've had a couple of people ask about the trailer but we are planning a trip up to the mountains at the end of May. Was not planning on taking the trike but may try to do that, if all goes well and will need the trailer for that.

I think this is my last bump I can do.

Sid

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Price drop to $23,000 !!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure if this is the best way to do this. Thought about posting two new adds, but all the pics are here, so.....

If anyone is interested, I will split up the Trike and Trailer.

Asking $2700 for the trailer and everything that goes with it.

Asking $21,000 for the trike and everything that goes with it. Looking at other adds on this website and others I've viewed, I think this is a great deal, especially with all the mods and what goes with the trike.

I would deliver either one within 200 miles of me.

Regards,
Sid

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
If I didn't just trike out my 2010 last season, I'd be all over your bike.......Good luck with the sale - You sure have taken good care of it for sure..

Ronnie

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ec145pilot good luck with the sell that is a great price, but I think if you put it on cycle trader it would already be sold, you can list it for free for so many days, I did that in 2013 and the trike sold in one week.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.