GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 Wing, and was shocked to learn that my speedo is almost dead-on accurate. I checked it with two separate GPS units.

I just got curious as to whether I'm the norm or the exception in this, as far as 2010s go....or any other model, for that matter.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum. Sorry if I'm rehashing old topics.

I'd also be interested to know whether that means my odometer is also accurate or not.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I just bought a 2010 Wing, and was shocked to learn that my speedo is almost dead-on accurate. I checked it with two separate GPS units.

I just got curious as to whether I'm the norm or the exception in this, as far as 2010s go....or any other model, for that matter.

I'd also be interested to know whether that means my odometer is also accurate or not.
If memory serves me right the speedo was corrected on the 09 and 10 models. Mine is also spot on :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Jeeze we go through this once a week.

My 2010 is off 5%

·
Registered
460 Posts
My 08 was off about 5mph @ 80 MPH, Zumo was dead on according to the Texas highway patrol.
My 12 is spot on with Zumo, I feel no more clarification is required.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
I checked my 2010 model with a GPS from 30 to 80 mph in 5 mph intervals and at no time was there more than a 1 mph diff. I was impressed. After 45 years of riding finally a motorcycle with an accurate speedo!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You're not alone. While the speedometer accuracy for the '09 and '10 models were significantly improved (just about spot on for most), the odometers remain about 4-5% off (indicate higher than actual mileage).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts