GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is for sale on the For Sale board.....due to back surgery I can no longer ride, thought I would let you all know if you new someone interested.

Thanks
Kenny

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Kenny, we haven't met but from one back impaired trike owner to another, I'm sorry you feel the need to sell. I can't ride near as far or long as I once did. I hate the thought of putting up that "For Sale" sign.

There are several of us back impaired trike owner on this forum. Speaking for all of them, "we'll say a prayer for you." In the mean time,

Ride safe,

Wayne

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words Wayne, I thought the trike was going to be the way to go, but everytime we have rode I can hardly get out of bed the next morning. It is a sad time to think about selling it, I am in no hurry maybe it will get better by spring if it don't sell.

Ride Safe
Kenny

·
Registered
572 Posts
Kenny,
IRS + Air Ride On-The- Fly and you can't get a comfortable ride?????? Have you tried adjusting the rear tire pressures??????? That's a damn nice trike. I hate to see you give up on it so soon. If I had a full time MT installer near me, I would have had given it serious consideration. I went with a Hannigan. Mine is a '10 Comfort/Navi in Pearl Yellow.
Hang in there
Mike

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hang in there buddy. That trike won't be worth any less in the spring.

Take it from a guy who broke his back in a fall back in 2007 and ruptured a disc in 2008, A year can make a big difference.

Plus if you are new to the trike game, technique is important. Push the handlebars , never pull............

Good Luck........................

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run 24psi in the rear tires, that is what the installer recommended. I run 60psi in the suspension if I run under 30 it is really squishy feeling. I just had my 3rd back surgery 12-21-10 and have so much nerve damage I can't ride 2 wheels anymore. I love to ride so went 3 wheels but my back just can't seem to handle it. I am in no hurry to sell it, if I have it come spring I will give it another shot. Thanks for the kind words & thoughts.

Kenny

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hang in there buddy. That trike won't be worth any less in the spring.

Take it from a guy who broke his back in a fall back in 2007 and ruptured a disc in 2008, A year can make a big difference.

Plus if you are new to the trike game, technique is important. Push the handlebars , never pull............

Good Luck........................
I had 2 back surgeries and nerve damage. On pain meds all the time. Don't give up too soon. Go and get some physical therapy or a light work out at the gym 1 to 2 times a week. This may help to get you in shape for the spring ride. Hope this helps believe me I am a couch potato but it helps me keep in a little physical shape. Try to walk 1/2 hour a day also.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Kenny,
Since you prefer 60psi in your air shocks, which I think most would feel is too high. Experiment with lowering your rear tire pressures. Try:
a. lowering both your rear tire pressures to 20psi.
b. if that feels to squisshie for you, raise the right one to 22psi.
c. if it still feels funny, raise the left to 22psi
Mike
Does the MT IRS retain the stock rear shock adjuster?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I run 24psi in the rear tires, that is what the installer recommended. I run 60psi in the suspension if I run under 30 it is really squishy feeling. I just had my 3rd back surgery 12-21-10 and have so much nerve damage I can't ride 2 wheels anymore. I love to ride so went 3 wheels but my back just can't seem to handle it. I am in no hurry to sell it, if I have it come spring I will give it another shot. Thanks for the kind words & thoughts.

Kenny
You might try adjusting the springs and then lowering the air pressure in the airbags to about 25lbs. If you adjust the spring rateit will ride smoother without bottoming out and jarring you around also I had the Traxxion AK20 kit in the front end and it took all the jarring out of the front end. It will be worth trying before selling it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Thanks for all the advise, I will try some different things come spring if it doesn't sell.

Ride Safe
Kenny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts