GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone with a 2006 - 2008 wing actually have the new 2011 City Navigator North America card installed? If so what does the GPS info display for map date?
Thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
I got it, installed it, and plan on using it starting Sat going down to the Dragon and around that area. According to Garmin there is a glitch in it so I guess I'll see if I can find it. I'll let you know in the nbext couple of days.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I ordered in June and received an email on July 15:

"Garmin has identified an issue with the map update card for the Honda Gold Wing Navi. This issue affects map updates for model years 2006–2008. As a result, shipments are temporarily on hold. "

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I ordered in June and received an email on July 15:

"Garmin has identified an issue with the map update card for the Honda Gold Wing Navi. This issue affects map updates for model years 2006–2008. As a result, shipments are temporarily on hold. "
The current ship date (barring any recent changes) is August 8.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I played with mine on the nine day ride from Okla all the way to DC via Ala, the Dragon and VA. The biggest glitch I found was the voice seemed to be going thru changes when it talked at times. As far as the mapping thing, it doesn't seem to zoom in as far as the original maps did either. Other than that, I didn't see anything that stood out to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts