GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • PROTECT YOURSELF AND BE AWARE OF SCAMMERS! Please read the stickies at the top of the forum before engaging in Buy/Sell activities.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2011 Road Dog GT Trailer and Rivco Hitch 2018 Goldwing (SOLD)

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  laen 
#1 ·
Selling here now a 2011 Road Dog GT Trailer and a Rivco Hitch designed to fit a 2018/2019 Goldwing. I don't know much about trailers, as I have never pulled one, except to bring this one home from the original owner and to also take it to a trailer company for appraisal. Appraisal fee was $100, so I didn't get that done. It's a cute little trailer and according to the title it weighs 150 lbs. Here is a video. The original owner told me the trailer company had gone under, however, I did write the owner of the company and he did respond (too many "owners" in this post :))

Website with new Road Dog GT Trailers for sale for $2,273. I don't know if they have them or not, nor if there are any available anywhere. Also, here is a LINK for a Rivco trailer hitch for $299. Total $2,572 before taxes and/or shipping. I will sell these together for $1,200. I plan to leave the trailer hitch on the Goldwing until the method of transfer is understood. I can deliver the trailer nearby, or if you want to come pick it up, I can remove the hitch prior to your arrival. I have a clear title and a bill of sale, which should make transfer a simple process (if there is such a thing with a vehicle sale). Here are a few pictures I took just this afternoon. Please contact me through PM if you are interested or have any questions.

Goldwing hooked to the Road Dog

And another

Note dings from hail damage and possibly other things. They were hard to photograph, and aren't super noticeable.

Apparently this is an upgraded hitch connector?

Hitch on the Goldwing

Here is a link to all the pictures I took: 2011 Road Dog GT Motorcycle Trailer

I have this listed on another site so there may be others interested. Sale goes to first PM with appropriate offer. Delivery arrangements to be made in conjunction with deal (i.e. I will help but buyer is responsible for picking it up).

See less See more
#2 ·
Hitch pin is what bushtech uses think its called heim ? Joint

Reactions: CAWing78
#4 ·
Still available. Nice little trailer. Would like the space back in my garage though. Is no one interested in a trailer???

#5 · (Edited)
Thats a pretty nice trailer and hitch for not a lot of money. I have the Rivco hitch on my 2018..very high quality hitch.

I was looking at the same Road Dog trailer back in 2010. What I liked about the Road Dog was its suspension. It uses a rubber torsion type of suspension....most cheaper motorcycle trailers use that type of suspension, but the problem is with that type of suspension is they are rated for more weight than a motorcycle trailer will use in the real world, which means the torsion suspension is much too stiff and hardly has any wheel travel...they don't work all that well with the motorcycle trailer...but this Road Dog torsion type of suspension is rated for the lighter weight that most will use out on the road and its suspension is very compliant over the bumps and its smooth riding....and its not a bad looking trailer either...anyways that was the reason I was looking at the Road Dog trailer back in 2010. I thought it was a lot of trailer for not a lot of money even when it sold brand new.

#6 ·
Thanks for that information Frank. For someone (me), who has a trailer, I really don't know much about them. Obviously, because of this I wondered about pricing, so I thought the combined price of $1,200 is pretty reasonable. What is provided is a trailer, a hitch and the electrical harness to connect the trailer. Depending on how someone wanted to pick it up, I would even help install the hitch if they wanted to come get.

#8 ·
Not much interest in Trailers, hitches and harnesses I guess? Normally, one would post a price and then come down to sweeten the deal, but I thought I would start with my bottom line for a no hassle sale. $1,200 for the whole ball of wax is about as low as I will go. Would like to sell this before the plate expires at the end of April, but if not it has a small space reserved in the garage.

Reactions: CAWing78
#10 ·
Glad it sold - great trailer and price. Just an info item for new owner, most states require two safety chains on a trailer, even a motorcycle trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.