GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably the biggest gathering of collector cars in the world. If you wait long enough your dream car will come by.

Went on the Wing, but didn't see any others there.

A couple of my favorites...

Never even heard of this...Mangusta

More photos here
http://photobucket.com/2011dreamcruise

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Suweet!!!!

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Where was that at ? Very cool...

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where was that at ? Very cool...
At the time of most of those pictures, I was on Woodward just south of 16 mile rd. It runs from 8 mile to Pontiac, Mi. You'll see everything from a Smart car to a Rolls Royce Phantom, many times side by side. Many, many muscle cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi Frank,
I do miss the Dream Cruise, I was two blocks west of Woodward and one block north of 10 mile when I was living there. Nothing like it anywhere else.

Ride safe my friend,
Bob VanNess

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wanted to go but power-washing my deck seemed like so much more fun:eek:. Did you cruise the Avenue or was it too crowded? I heard there were cars from as far away as CA.
My normal spot is where old and new Woodward split in Birmingham. Great place to just let the cars come to me.

That is not a crowd you want to share the road with while on a MC. Way too many guys trying to show off their rubber burning skills.

We have friends that come over for the Dream Cruise from Pittsburgh every year that can't believe how many states are represented. His son was surprised that such a large percentage (at least 80%)have Michigan plates.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Frank,
I do miss the Dream Cruise, I was two blocks west of Woodward and one block north of 10 mile when I was living there. Nothing like it anywhere else.

Ride safe my friend,
Bob VanNess
Bet you really miss those 2 weeks of squealing tires and unrelenting traffic also.

Royal Oak and Ferndale always got the worst of it. I actually felt bad for those living close to Woodward after parking a couple blocks away and walking to Northwood Shopping center.

Enjoy the peace and quite down there. BTW, is the snow shovel rusted out yet?

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
We made a quick run to Michigan this weekend and seen a few of the rides on our way in Friday while waiting to cross the border into Port Huron. Today on our way back to Rochester looked like a 56 Chevy was heading home in Canada and was broke down along side the road.
Hey Frank, if you get over toward Rochester, NY give Jen and I a shout!!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
We did the Dream Cruise back in 1998 . . . in our 30 ft motorhome . . . .

Our son was hanging out the window trying to get some girls attention, but failed to do so . . . .

You think the motorhome had something to do with it?

lol

I think that was the year when Tom Lutz was running around in a prototype Prowler. Lots of other neat stuff to see there.

oh, yeah, found it by accident, we went over there to do the Ford Museum and heard about it on the radio so took Woodward from Downtown . . . . :shock: :eek:4:

Some of that was not exactly the best neighborhood . . . . oh well . . . thats where the map took me . . . . lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts