GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone cares, or has the Garmin lifetime maps, they just released the 2012.20 version of City Navigator North America.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I am downloading it now. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
16 Posts
If anyone cares, or has the Garmin lifetime maps, they just released the 2012.20 version of City Navigator North America.
Thanks. Last night I loaded CNNA 2012.20 to my Garmin 2720 and Nuvi 255W so I'll be current for another 3 months.

BTW, does anyone have a copy of the 4.40 firmware they can share?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I wonder if the 4.40 firmware is what the problem really is for 06-08, which apparently converts the Nav-man unit to utilize NT maps, instead of non-NT. I think I'd be hesitant about using the already issued 4.40, till I knew for sure if that early release has a problem. Sure taking them a long time to get the "fix" released! I thought about fetching that firmware, then trying NT 2012 maps. But, gonna wait. Probably very little change in the maps, anyway.

·
Registered
911 Posts
When I updated my nuvi this time, it gave me the choice to download a Garmin Lifetime Updater program which lets you easily check to see if there's any map updates....pretty handy...ride safe...

Scott

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Lifetime is the way for me. I'm anal about having the latest update. What pisses me of is the little map on my iPhone is more current than gamins latest update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts