GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha everyone, when I left my 2013 in Oklahoma in storage at my uncle's house, I remember looking at the rear view of my bike and couldn't help but notice the exhaust pipes don't line up. One side is pinched in if you will, closer to the tire compared to the other side. I live in Hawaii so I can't just go out and take a pic.

Has anyone seen this problem before or is this something related to just my bike? Any suggestions on how to align them to look equal would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any input.
:thumbup:

·
Banned
792 Posts
Do you mean the whole pipe is angled differently than the other as though it is not in line with the tire or is it just twisted so the end caps are at different positions? If that is the case you can loosen the clamps where the muffler attaches to the header pipe and twist it a bit to put in line with the other. I had to do this when I installed my turn down tips as they were angled inward a little bit.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aloha 530KTM,

I will try to do what you suggested, loosen clamp at header pipe connection and see what happens. I noticed the uneven pipes more when I switched from the stock tips to the FB6 tips. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try it until April sometime when I return to OK to do some touring. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Bye the way, I also ride a 2002 GasGas200 here in Hawaii and a 2013 GasGas300 in Gunnison, CO.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yup .... what he said below.

Do you mean the whole pipe is angled differently than the other as though it is not in line with the tire or is it just twisted so the end caps are at different positions? If that is the case you can loosen the clamps where the muffler attaches to the header pipe and twist it a bit to put in line with the other. I had to do this when I installed my turn down tips as they were angled inward a little bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts